Lawn care

Looking for suggestions on what to use on my lawn to kill clover and other weeds.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

An infestation of clover is usually related to a malnutritioned lawn. Clover produces nitrogen, so it can sustain itself, which is why it grows so good in malnutritioned lawns. What type of grass you have will determine what the best course of action is. But generally speaking, you’ll want to use a good weed and feed to broadcast over the entire lawn and then begin using a preemergent. If you really want to get serious, I recommend getting a soil test once a year. It will tell you exactly what your lawn needs.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

Looking for suggestions on what to use on my lawn to kill clover and other weeds.

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Speedzone.

Speedzone is an excellent selective post-emergent herbicide with superior cool-weather performance and can be used on established cool and warm-season grasses for common and troublesome weeds in turf-grass such as spurge, pennywort, dandelion, and white clover. Evidence of injury can be seen within hours of application, and plants can die in 7 to 14 days. Safe to apply on Kentucky bluegrass, annual bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall fescue, red or fineleaf fescue, creeping and colonial bentgrass (excluding golf greens), and mixtures of cool-season species in noncropland (Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue, smooth bromegrass, and orchardgrass). Uses include institutional, ornamental, and residential sites, sod production, and noncropland (rights-of-way, roadsides, medians, airports, and military installations). Spray solution must be above pH 5 and below pH 8.

weedfreezone. Get it at possums. Kills weeds, not grass.

Did my yard 8 days ago and every weed is turning brown. Grass is starting to come out green.