Leather install on new truck

So I shopped for a new truck for a couple months. Got my price established and some good trucks I am considering. I find one that meets all my requirements except it doesn’t have leather, dern! That’s ok the salesman says, we have an upholstery company (if you’re from Charleston and own a boat you know them, they are top notch) and they can install factory leather for you for $1k if you want. Ok, perfect it’s a deal. I ask 2 more times about the “factory” classification of the leather, I am assure it is factory and it will be great. So the preferred installer falls through for some reason, and it goes to another seemingly reputable installer in town, no problem it’s the factory blanks of leather, I could probably do it myself. I just got it back today, open the door to a big ol’ “Katzkin” tag on the seat and a saggy old leather covered captains chair. I look around the car, saggy and wrinkly and stretched looking leather covers the interior. I got played for a fool it appears. If you have Katzkin and you like it, I am happy for you. But if you were expecting factory leather and factory appearance you will be disappointed. Honestly didn’t mind the look or feel of the cloth for the week or 2 it was in there. Would rather have that back now. Still working with the dealer on a solution… But my advice is to get something in writing before you do something like this…

I got katskins and they look and feel great. Maybe you got some that were used or something.

I’ve seen two different trucks done in it and they both looked great to me. One Chevy, one dodge. Both black interior.

www.baturinphotography.com

they were new. Not saying it looks awful but when I’m sold factory I want factory. Kinda like being sold a chevy bedliner and ending up with a pendaliner. Both probably look fine but one is factory and twice the price of the other.

Did Katzkin on an old truck of mine and they turned out great. I’d say you probably have an issue with the installer, not the product.

But that sucks all the way around. Good luck.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat