Lenovo Laptop??

My wife has a 5 year old Samsung Notebook that has gotten slower and slower. I’ve been telling her just to think about getting a new laptop when lo and behold a possible deal may have popped up. I found a 15" Lenovo Ideapad 310 w/i3 dual Core processor, 6 Gb Ram and a 1 Tb hard drive for $299.99 (regular price $499.99). This is probably a “phase out” model but my wife just needs something to surf the internet and check her email. It would have to be leaps and bounds ahead of what she is currently using. We had Lenovos at work a few years ago and they were fine. Anyone have anything to say about this one or Lenovo in general?

Thanks

I have had multiple “thinkpad” Lenovo laptops and like them a lot. That processor in not going to be super fast and ram is a little low but should be fine for the wife’s needs. Looks like a decent price for that model. Check the Lenovo outlet they have good deals but they can go quick.

http://outlet.lenovo.com/outlet_us/laptops/#facet-1=1,2,3,4

Is the 1 TB drive a solid state? if not that will slow it down as it fills up.
I bought my son a Lenovo last year. And I wish I had one for myself. Very good laptop.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

Is the 1 TB drive a solid state? if not that will slow it down as it fills up.
I bought my son a Lenovo last year. And I wish I had one for myself. Very good laptop.

No way the HD is SSD at that price.

No, not SSD for that price. Like I said, she is using a 5+ year old notebook and just surfs the web and looks at emails. This Lenovo will be like going from a Pinto to Porsche to her.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I have a Lenovo I have had for about 4 years. I have had no problems with it.

Buy an iPad if it’s just consumption. Internet, email, shopping, etc. they can’t be beat for the interface, quick launch, and super fast processors and SSD drives. They are about $275 on Black Friday. If she needs to work with it. Excel, ppt, or write papers then get a laptop. But most people can use an IPad for all their needs.

Bought the wife a $500 touch screen laptop last year, and now I just had to buy her an IPad as it wasn’t ideal for email and web.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

If it’s just for web stuff, look into chromebooks.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

You prob just need to put a new HD, and add some more RAM to her laptop. That should get it running good again.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

I got my first thinkpad in 06 and it was an overpriced piece of crap, worst computer I’ve had hands down.

My work thinkpad kinda sucks too but is manageable. I love my Toshiba.

Don’t discount i3 processors. google “cpu benchmark (insert cpu model number)” and it will show you how good a processor it is compared to your other options. The i3 in my Toshiba is better than many i5’s sold now and it’s a 2.5 year old computer that I got for $425.

I’ve never had one but it sounds like a chromebook might be for her. Cyber Monday is looming. Keep your eyes open.

First, Most, Biggest

Thanks all!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?