Leyland Cypress Question?

My Leyland’s have started turning brown and dying in spots.

A web search indicates because of the drought it is probably canker disease and there’s not much you can do. Does anyone have any experience with this. Are they going to make it? Or should I take them out to save the bigger trees in the back?

Any help would be appreciated, hate to lose them.

Ours got it and died within a couple years.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

I’ve got it on mine too, and I’m in the upstate! Hope rain will solve the problem!

I’m in Tega Cay just south of Charlotte. The only rain we have had was maybe a couple inches from Matthew.

I hope the cooler weather and some rain will do the trick.

quote:
Originally posted by WallyB

My Leyland’s have started turning brown and dying in spots.

A web search indicates because of the drought it is probably canker disease and there’s not much you can do. Does anyone have any experience with this. Are they going to make it? Or should I take them out to save the bigger trees in the back?

Any help would be appreciated, hate to lose them.

mites or a fungus/canker. only problem I personally had was salt water intrusion in the well for irrigation, once water source changed, they were back to normal.

http://www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/pests/plant_pests/trees/hgic2004.html

We didn’t get a drop from Matthew, they said we would get some this morning but nothing!

BP check out the link in Poly’s post good info. Thanks Poly

Thanks, that is wealth of information! I knew that Clemson had to be good for something.