Lidl bud light and Budweiser 24pks

$11.99 for 24pk of Bud Lights or Budweiser. Grab ya a prime rib while you’re there, too. Black Angus,$5.99/lb

Philippians 4:13
Hanahan Fishing Club

Don’t be mislead by the whole “Angus” or “Black Angus” marketing crap. Angus is a breed of cow and doesn’t necessarily denote quality. People should be WAY</font id=“size2”> more concerned with the grade of the beef. Prime, choice, & select are grades of beef that are sold for human consumption. Any beef that grades out below select is processed into things like dog food.

There are basically 2 breeds of Angus, red and black. Red is rare in the US. Fact is more than 60% of all the cattle raised in the US are Angus. https://www.americancowboy.com/ranch-life-archive/top-5-beef-cattle-breeds-24440 It’s just a slick marketing campaign by beef producers that has people thinking that they are getting something special when they buy “Angus”. http://www.livingthecountrylife.com/animals/livestock/16-common-cattle-breeds/?page=2

You’ve been eating Angus most of your life, you just didn’t realize it.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Thanks for the education. How about the beers? On a side note, the prime rib has been removed from the app. I’m not sure what class it was, but on the Kamodo Joe, it was melt in your mouth awesome last time.

Hanahan Fishing Club

quote:
Originally posted by Got2Go

Thanks for the education. How about the beers? On a side note, the prime rib has been removed from the app. I’m not sure what class it was, but on the Kamodo Joe, it was melt in your mouth awesome last time.

Hanahan Fishing Club

I don’t drink Bud, but that is a fantastic price. I’m a Coors guy.

As far as the meat goes, many, many years ago I was a meat cutter for Winn Dixie, “The Beef People”. They took their beef seriously and we were trained and expected to know it. I haven’t forgotten what I learned. “Prime Rib” is mostly just a name kinda like Coke or Pepsi, just not a brand name. Technical term for it is bone-in beef rib or bone-in ribeye. Other common names are E-Z Carve Rib Roast, standing rib roast, or just rib roast. When you see it around here, it usually isn’t beef that has been graded as USDA Prime. I try to only buy beef that’s graded at USDA Choice or higher if I can and all the big grocers advertise and sell it. Publix, Kroger, BiLo, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Sam’s, Costco all have USDA Choice beef.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

I sure miss Winn-Dixie…

NN

Ted misses The Pig