life expectancy of yamaha 2 stroke

What is the the average ;ife expectancy of a 70hp 2 stroke if it receives a full service each year and uses EtOH free Fuel?

its more of an issue of how its run, I’ve seen two strokes with more than 2000 hours on them that were in great shape, but they were run daily, I’ve seen two strokes that were junk after 200 hours as well, teh worst thing you can do is let them sit

with average use 70-100 hours per year, a yamaha 70 2 stroke will easily last 20 years with proper care and flushing

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org

I have a 1979 Johnson 70hp-2 stroke and its still running strong.

Salt or freshwater use will make a lot of difference, but I agree with good care you should get 10-20 years out of it. I’ve got a 70 Yamaha 2 stroke that’s 5 years old with heavy use in salt water and it looks and runs like new.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

Speaking for mine it has seen most its time in the salt, but I take good care of it.

I have an 03 that runs like a champ. I flush/clean it after every use.

'02 70 hp yami 800 hours. I’m likeing the way Chris V thinks.

I’m so excited I can barely cope,
I sizzlin’ like an isotope.

Had over 3000 hours on my 150 yamaha 2 stroke before upgrading boats. Kinda miss that boat seeing as how it was paid for and still running fine. Had to keep up with Jones’ though. Approaching 2000 hours on a 250 4 stroke now.

www.advoutdoors.com
“I have tomorrow open!”

I have a 93 Merc 2 stroke 2 cylinder that starts & runs fine. Like some one else said don’t let them sit.

You can always make money but you cant make time.

Maintain them, keep good gas in them and run them more than just on the hose and they will last forever!

Carolina Boat Brokerage, LLC
“Your Local Connection to the Worldwide Used Boat Market!”
www.carolinaboatbrokerage.com or www.charlestonboatsales.com
(888) 854-9409