Life is short

Billymac pasted Monday.
I met Billy through the forum a few years ago.
Someone had posted a picture of the tiger shark they caught off Cherry Grove Pier in the early seventies. Billy had posted that was him as a kid standing next to the shark. I said I thought he was full of BS. But it was him and we started talking quite frequently. Turns out he grew up in Cherry Grove. Billy and I knew a lot of the same people.
He retired and moved back to the beach. He was getting his house finished up and ready to move in. We had made plans for fishing trips and shrimping. Then diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer.
Never got a chance to enjoy his new home and retirement…
We did manage to get a trip in together about a month ago.

Billy was a super good guy. I feel honored to have known him and have been able to call him friend.
Rest in peace buddy… :pray:

1 Like

You are a stand up guy OTC, its plain to see.

Sorry about your friend.

1 Like

EF nailed it.

Sorry to hear about your new friend.

Billy was a good member here and always positive.

OTC and I talked about this after that fishing trip and he said Billy wasn’t the type of dude who wanted it to be on everyone’s minds, instead he just wanted to be part of the crowd till the fight was over.

Good guy, I hope somebody catches a lot of fish out of that boat and he’s looking down to see every one of them.

RIP sir.

Saddened to read this about your Pal, OTC. Cherish the great memories!

made me think of this opening lyric:

Life is short
In spite of your plans
So tell the girls that they’re pretty while you can

[lucero - lucero - 05 - drink 'till we're gone - YouTube]

RIP Billymac, I missed the pleasure of your acquaintance but here’s to hoping we all make friends to cherish and remember in times of sadness but more often in happiness.

Sorry to hear, God Bless him, family and OTC.

Agree with above, OTC’s a good egg!

NN

1 Like

Billy was a swell guy and so are you for befriending him.This should be a wake up call for everyone to retire as soon as possible.Never know when your number is gonna come up.