Light bar installation

I’m putting a 20’ light bar on my bull bar and was going to get it installed at the car audio shop on clements ferry. Its supposed to be around $200 to get it installed there so I was wondering if y’all knew any shops that would do it for less. Thanks.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release
Youtube:srgoprovideos

$200? WOW!

Do you have a wiring harness and switch that came with it? It’s about a 20 minute job depending on the vehicle and how bad getting the wiring through the firewall…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Are you going to ride around with it on all the time like the rest of the HEYBO’s out there? I wish the cops would start writing tickets for stupid &@&$ like that…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

Are you going to ride around with it on all the time like the rest of the HEYBO’s out there? I wish the cops would start writing tickets for stupid &@&$ like that…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I wish they would!

But, honestly, my 22" on my truck is a lifesaver with all of the dark 2-lane driving I do in the middle of the night. I couldn’t tell you how many deer I have avoided because of it.

Wadmalaw native

Yeah but everyone can’t see you when they are turned off.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Amen

Amen. I can’t stand all the rednecks that have to jack their truck up just high enough so their lights pour into your car from either direction blinding you. Its really nice driving past a vehicle 2-3 times larger than mine blind, especially when half of these trucks are driven by high school students.

Please drive and Heybo responsibly.

First, Most, Biggest

Yes it came with the wiring harness and everything. I promise I will not be the guy that blinds everyone with the light bar. It’s off-road use only for me.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

All you need is a drill, wire crimper, and some electrical tape.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

quote:

Did you intentionally leave out, a couple of friends and a case of beer?

quote:
Originally posted by smb99

Yes it came with the wiring harness and everything. I promise I will not be the guy that blinds everyone with the light bar. It’s off-road use only for me.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

Sorry I derailed your thread, but that really drives me nuts. It really isn’t a hard job, and no way would I pay someone $200 to do it, either.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Did you intentionally leave out, a couple of friends and a case of beer?

I get more work done without the friends and beer. Save those for later.

I’ll see about installing it myself then. I had called the place before and they wanted $150 just to put in new headlights (that I already had purchased) because they would have to remove the grill to access it. So I did it for free myself. I’m pretty sure it comes with installation instructions. I just worry about screwing something up.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

If it’s LED, chances are that it’s a low current draw and you can tap into power from almost any circuit.
I’d only tap into a circuit that’s ON or ACC hot. I wouldn’t do hot all the time, but that’s just a personal preference.
Getting it mounted level is measure, measure, measure again, then drill

Post pics of what you have. Should be easy to talk you through it or I’m sure there are a dozen youtube videos on the process

quote:

Someone has to be there to shoot that Youtube video when you drill a hole through your hand.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:

Someone has to be there to shoot that Youtube video when you drill a hole through your hand.

I have the nurses at Doc in a Box take pics for me. We’re on a first name basis :face_with_head_bandage:

I didn’t watch all of this but he is wiring his on his bar also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_PbwTgCibY

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Found this gem in the parking lot at work this morning…

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/buddy_dane/media/93161EEA-EAA6-4D32-8833-4BF93E6DFBA1_zpsk5anh26l.jpg.html]

[/URL]

Wadmalaw native