Light Bar Placement

I managed to save a few hundred bucks by installing it myself on my hood but I’m not sure if I like it there. I was originally going to place it on my bull bar, but after an incident where the bull bar bent up to the bumper it makes me worry if I bumped someone it would crush the housing and ruin the light. The light bar being on my hood causes a fairly large amount of glare though so I’m not sure where I will be permanently putting it. Check out the pictures and tell me what y’all think.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release
Youtube:srgoprovideos

In the grill above the bowtie.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

How would I mount it in the grill though?

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release
Youtube:srgoprovideos

Remove grill. Cut fins out. Make a bracket that mounts to the side of the radiator shroud. Mount light. Mount grill back

Personally I am not sure how the heck you mounted it where it’s at. In the grill looks much easier and proper.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Or you can do it behind the grill, that may or may not be what you want. Back in the 80s,I installed some fog lights behind the grill of my 1975 impala and it looked good to a lot of folks. What about on top of the bumper center of the bull bar?
One suggestion, place the bar temporary where you think you may want it before drilling holes and fighting with nuts and bolts and bleeding a little. A couple pieces of masking tapes makes the job easier or either a buddy with time to kill.

Double D.