LiveScope Performance in salt

Here are the few things to share about my first experience using LiveScope on my trip this weekend:

1. It did not make a difference in catching reds or flounder. I had to hunt them down by casting along the bank.
  2. For my setup, when in down or forward scan mode the transducer acted like a rudder in strong current. The boat would veer toward the direct the transducer was point causing the TM to fight against itself when in Spot Lock mode.
  3. Perspective mode seemed to be the most beneficial at low tide to point out reds. But they were on the move so understanding the location to cast to relative to the position on the screen is paramount.
  4. The coolest thing using it (Perspective mode) was to see the shark that tried to eat my red! The bite stopped after catching 11 reds. He kept circling the boat. I had to move to another spot.

For this time of year I think Perspective mode is best. But I do need more experience to understand where to cast when fish show up on the screen. Hope this helps someone. Feedback is welcomed!

2 Likes

What unit?

I am using the 126sv

1 Like