Lobster Diving 11/20 - photos

great pics jordan, if you invested in your gun as much as your cam we would really have some meat!

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.

Working on the gun… I’m stopping by lowcountry scuba this week to see what they have in stock. If I have to order then I will have to borrow yours for next weekend when we head out on the new 29 proline.

14’ Pamlico 140 Angler w/ rudder
Kayak, SCUBA, or both.

What the hell is venison ajoure? Please stop posting pics, apparently “nice kill” is more than some can handle.

My advice is my opinion only. I may have gotten that opinion from something I read while sitting on the toilet. Please keep that in mind when reading my posts, the information may not be correct.

“Criers” would be just Jimmy, ed…No doubt about the experience and bottom time, AND that you almost HAVE to get in locked and loaded to put the hurt on cobia, didn’t mean to start a war about the loaded gun, just poking fun at Jimmy (pun intended).

Jordan, I have 2 42" punch guns right now, come check out the ocean rhino (that’s what works best and you can try mine before if you want) and some of the new beuchat guns. Of course JBL has been putting some nice guns out the last few years too if your really stuck on wood exterior, but you have to get longer than 48" to do any real damage!! Give me the word and Ill put the new Gopro on it too!

O
O ______ O o
O(__/ __) o
O o (o) o < o ))) ><
260 Glacier Bay - 2x150
FISH FOR THE FUTURE:
Selective divers set their sights on only those few prize game fish they will enjoy eating

quote:
Originally posted by Bug Catcher

great pics jordan, if you invested in your gun as much as your cam we would really have some meat!

For less than what you have in that camera I can get you set up with a gun that has a double trigger mechanism, 2 x 6.5mm shafts that can be fired together or separate, a .357 bang stick and a Gopro to bring it all home...just under 2k sound about right??

O
O ______ O o
O(__/ __) o
O o (o) o < o ))) ><
260 Glacier Bay - 2x150
FISH FOR THE FUTURE:
Selective divers set their sights on only those few prize game fish they will enjoy eating

To each his own I guess. I grew up hunting (35 years now). I don’t need any more experience than that. A speargun is a gun. I was taught to never point your gun at another person and to not load my weapon until I get in the woods. I was also taught that you should never rely on the safety, and to always treat a weapon like it could misfire at any time. You can say what you want, but in deer hunting, you wouldn’t jump out of a pickup truck or climb up a deer stand with a chambered bullet in your rifle, would you? On a dove hunt, when traveling in the back of a pickup, you wouldn’t have a loaded shot gun bouncing around on the tailgate, would you? There isn’t much difference.

"if you look at the loaded gun on the stern and it went off by some miracle it would have missed the desent buoy by a good 3 foot to the right " – That’s assuming that it didn’t get knocked off the wet transom onto the floor to pin the diver’s left testicle to the gunnel. That is also assuming that a spear shaft shot from an unmanned gun goes straight off the end of the gun which is likely not the case. That’s also assuming that no part of the diver’s gear was snagged on the edge of the boat when rolling off backwards which I have seen as well. Furthermore, most of these gun manufacture’s will tell you that they have had a trigger failure or two especially when new, powerful bands are put on guns.

“many a cobia, tuna, and AP has fell victim to an astute diver on the drop.it is the difference between a hunter and a scoobydoo.” – Not really. Practicing safety does not make you “scooby doo”. Are hunters who carry loaded weapons in their truck and point them at each other better hunters? I load my gun as soon 5’ feet under the surface, pointed in a safe direction, pointed away from other divers, towards the sand. That still gives me the option to shoot a fish on the way down, but at least I know that my gun is not loaded when I am disoriented for 2 seconds when I roll off the back of the boat.

On my boat, it’s NOT the div

The sensitity runs high on this site. Did I also mention that you shouldn’t dive when you are having your menstrual cycle and to change your tampons ever 12 hours to avoid toxic shock syndrome?

Here is some reading to toughen you up a little:

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=13724

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-79768.html

http://speardiver.com/spearguns/911-rob-allen-spearguns-misfire.html

Oh yeah, I saw a line shaft on the boat that was not “pointed at anyone”. Check out this youtube video of a loaded gun that was fired above water. Which way did the spear go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOubTxNPQQo&NR=1

Another one…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D60-Ml67xHU&feature=related

Oh yeah, PS… Vic, if you recall, you actually replaced my trigger mechanism last year because it failed mechanically on my Rhino 52" gun.

boy, talk about getting your undies in a wad!

True about the undies, but this isn’t nor was it ever about YOU GUYS ed, just for all the newbs out there who are putting ideas together on this site…
And YES, trigger mechanisms are the #1 failure point on any gun. Your gun was just used and corroded to the point where the brass pin the engages the safety was completely gone…bi-metal corrosion in a saltwater environment. JBL is been sued (unsuccessfully) by people in Florida almost every year for trigger mechanism malfunctions. Even the original RX-5 (first batch) had a problem with firing. You would pull the trigger, and nothing would happen, then randomly while you were looking at it, the shaft would slip free and fire randomly. We found out it was actually because the trigger mechanism was made SO precisely for a 9/16" gap to lock the shaft in, that the inconsistency in the shaft size (plus or minus less then 1/16") were causing them not to discharge smoothly, but get held up until something bumped it hard enough or in the right spot to set it free. Needless to say there is a lot that CAN go wrong. But diving is not inherently dangerous, just incredibly unforgiving. Sticking to a detailed checklist and repeatable safety protocol is a must for a good day.

O
O ______ O o
O(__/ __) o
O o (o) o < o ))) ><
260 Glacier Bay - 2x150
FISH FOR THE FUTURE:

quote:
Originally posted by Bug Catcher

boy, talk about getting your undies in a wad!

Not sure you made a good call on that assumption. Actually this is how I wind down for the night. And I wear a man-thong to avoid unnecessary wadding...
quote:
Originally posted by vmdupuis

But diving is not inherently dangerous, just incredibly unforgiving.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Good quote.

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

good quote and true! thong? I knew the south americans and libs in south fla would ruin you, you can never come home jason! thats why i left in “72”.