Looking for a 20 gauge

I am looking for a 20 gauge semi for my wife. She wants to start shooting clays with me, but my 12s are too heavy and have too much recoil for her. Before I buy brand new I wanted to throw it out there that I am looking. If you have one for sale or know of anyone let me know.

Before you buy a different gun you might try a different load. This might be easier for your wife to shoot and make it more fun for her.

http://www.basspro.com/Winchester-AA-Xtra-Light-Target-Load-Shotshells/product/67996/

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

I will have to grab a box and see how she feels with it. I know that the 20 is a pound or so lighter also, but I would much rather let her soot one of my 12s

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

If you are on facebook there is a new page for locals to sell anything outdoor related. Guns are all over the page

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

The 12 to 20 move almost never works.My slightly lighter 20’s kick as much as my 12’s.Maybe one of those expensive Italian wonder autos might work,but its going to cost you.

I have a Browning Gold Hunter 20 with an English Stock that I might would be interested in selling. Great gun in excellent shape, just don’t use it anymore. Used it for quail and now I shoot a 28ga so it just sits in the safe and takes up room. PM me if interested.

Southern Comfort

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

If you are on facebook there is a new page for locals to sell anything outdoor related. Guns are all over the page

What page is that?

Outdoors, hunting and fishing for charleston and surrounding areas. Can’t copy and paste the link from my ipad or I would

I bought my wife a Remington LT1100 20 gauge years ago. It’s a great little gun. I wound up using it more than her!

quote:
Originally posted by 13skulls

I bought my wife a Remington LT1100 20 gauge years ago. It’s a great little gun. I wound up using it more than her!

That is exactly what came to mind when i read the post.

• I’d rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.

[/URL]

I just got my wife a Franchi Affinity. Cool little gun and looks sweet. Also have an lt1100 as well.

I agree about the 1100, they push and don’t kick.I’m going to get a remchoke barrel for the one I bought in 1977!

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

I just got my wife a Franchi Affinity. Cool little gun and looks sweet. Also have an lt1100 as well.

I will second this advice. Went to the gun store back before Christmas with all intentions of picking up a benelli m2 or a beretta a400 in 20 ga. Shouldered the affinity and fell in love. Very light, no recoil, and a straight up killer. Took it out west a week ago and murdered the quail with it, awesome gun.

I have a few that she is going to shoot soon to see what she likes. Thanks

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

I think everybody over 40 thought of the 1100.The one I have is from 1977 also,bought at JC Penny on sale for $179.I wanted vent rib but was ten dollars more! I’m also going with a new remchoke barrel, this time I’ll get my vent rib!..I also own a Lanber/Bernardelli 801 sporting 12 auto.I hear many women shoot it well.It has a gas piston that reverses to cycle really light shells with very light recoil.Remember that all 1100’s are on the heavy side, but that not bad for targets.