Looking For Boat Detailing Job/Career

Everyone,

As you saw in my other post, I am happily marrying the woman of my dreams. With that being said I work at a yacht detailing/management company and I personally detail yachts (wax-compound, metal polish, engine detail work, teak decks).

Needless to say, I am in need of a better paying job (I absolutely love working on boats and the water). I would be happy to show anyone my process of detailing gelcoat or teak work and would love it if anyone had any connections to a career like this. I am a Citadel '16 grad and I bust my butt, but need more for my future wife and myself.

If anyone knows of anything around this area I would greatly appreciate it. (Hell at this point I’ll transfer to any type of work LOL)

Thank you very much

Micah
The Citadel '16

I’ll pay ya to come do my 21’sailfish if ya want :slight_smile:

Congrats on the marriage, too, btw

Call Freeman Boatworks… Those guys consistently carry a backlog of orders, and I would be SHOCKED if they weren’t hiring.

You are a Citadel Graduate and you are detailing boats? Son, spend some time on the resume and get that thing out there in the workforce. There are PLENTY of jobs you’ll get hired for just by wearing that class ring.

In fact, send me a resume and anticipated salary.

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolsOut1

Thank you for the congrats on the marriage-and let me know if you would actually like your boat worked on, you won’t be dissapointed :wink:

There is no substitute for hard work-Thomas A Edison

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Call Freeman Boatworks… Those guys consistently carry a backlog of orders, and I would be SHOCKED if they weren’t hiring.

Never thought of that, that would actually be a good gig, thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Sent you an email!

quote:
Originally posted by idratherbefishing
quote:

Thank you for the congrats on the marriage-and let me know if you would actually like your boat worked on, you won’t be dissapointed :wink:

Pm me your contact info

quote:

Pm me your contact info

x2.

Where the hell was my offer Rick???

You can make decent money cleaning boats privately. Shouldn’t take too much capital to start up a business doing it yourself. Spend lots of time at the marinas and network on the docks constantly. Who knows, maybe one day you’ll be the guy answering the phone and sending other people to do the cleaning!

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

if I lived in Charleston I’d start a (another) business and farm you out like a pimp, heck i’d only take 20% and keep you busy full time, it only takes minor networking and a few phone calls

there are tons of people willing to pay for this type work, if you want to continue the type work you are doing the local boatyards are a huge opportunity, either for a permanent position, as a resource for overflow work or as a contact for their customers

no offense but I have to wonder what type degree and education you have to not already be aware of this basic info

El Cid has plenty of career counseling resources, and as previously mentioned, in Chucktown the ring will get you a job

I have an MBA from there, the ring is different but it still easily opens doors

if you want to keep doing what you are doing - make some contacts, get to work and find 2 young guys to work with you, train them and soon you’ll increase your income 50%

Pioneer 197SF