Looking for suggestions for Fall/Winter 2015

I am looking to spend a few months traveling from the end of September to middle of December at the end of this year. My budget is about $5-6000 including airfare. I’m not a fan big big cities and would prefer to hit a bunch of coastal towns. I will be living out of a backpack, staying in hostels and eating street food.

I’ve got two ideas as of now but am very open to suggestions.

Idea 1- Fly into Porto, Portugal and travel to the north coast of Spain to visit some Mt. Pleasant friends, then drop down to Barcelona to see another friend. After that head up through France into the Swiss Alps and down to the bottom of Italy. Fly from Palermo Italy to Marrakesh, Morocco and find my way back up to Lisbon Portugal to fly back to SC right before Christmas.

Option B- Fly into Bolivia and travel down through Argentina to Santiago Chile. Fly from Santiago down to Patagonia and backpack around one or more of the National Parks. Fly back up to Santiago then head West to Buenos Aires. After that I could make that the end of the trip and fly back to SC or head back up to Bolivia and fly home. I see the second choice of Option B as a loooooooot of bus rides so I’m inclined not to do that.

Choice 3- New Zealand?

Idea D- ?

If you could go backpack around and eat street food for 3 months on a budget of $6000, where would you go?

I use to see a lot of hikers in Costa Rica, mostly young woman! Haven’t noteaced many lately! I would feel safe walking the country side there

You know if you were married with kids you wouldn’t have this problem.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I think you should join the Military and you could travel around on Uncle Sam’s dime! You could get in some good hunting and fishing on 30 days leave, every year!

I like Plan A. There are also ferries from Italy and Spain to Morocco. Might be cheaper and more fun. I’ve been to Morocco a few times. Make sure you see Fez. It’s maybe the coolest (and hottest temperature-wise) place I’ve been. It’s a 1400 year old walled city. Dar Bouazza below Casablanca is an awesome seaside town too.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.