Looking for tips on installing tie downs

Larry,

Thanks a ton! I got it home and tried it all for size and it all works perfectly. Your work is outstanding!

I also very much enjoyed meeting you and “Mrs. Cracker”

Sorry you hurt yourself. Hope it’s OK.

Thank you also for the fishing tips. I really appreciate the help in that department.

Here’s the final product.

Thanks Flicker. That is a nice rig you got there!

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Happy to help, Mike. Pleasure to meet you too. Glad you got her home safe.

See ya in the river sometime:sunglasses: Are you taking your boat to Florida?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

It hurts to say but no I’m not taking the boat to Florida. I usually do but I’m taking kayaks this time. At least I’ll save gas pulling those instead of the boat.

That’s an awfully big cooler for a boat with no cupholders! How has no one else noticed this???

Really though, really sweet rig, cupholders or not. Great job Larry!

j

17 Malibu CC
88 'rude

Thanks DF & Northchuck.

I love it… been really happy with it.

Cup holders are definitely on the list. I tried a cheap suction cup model and didn’t like it.

Searching on the web I saw the Robocup.

www.therobocup.com

Looks like they’d be convenient and versatile for many other uses.

Anyone ever tried them?

I can’t find them in stores. Only seen them online and shipping has been pretty pricey.

I’d go with flush mount stainless. You’ve got a ton of empty deck space. Couple of flush deck rod holders wouldn’t hurt either. Something like this…

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Funny you mention cup holders. Here is one I found today that is very versatile and doesn’t require any holes.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-miscellaneous-items-commerical-sellers-only/594806-no-cut-drill-cup-holders-10-se-fl.html

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Funny you mention cup holders. Here is one I found today that is very versatile and doesn’t require any holes.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/fishing-miscellaneous-items-commerical-sellers-only/594806-no-cut-drill-cup-holders-10-se-fl.html

Thanks DF, I like these and will get some for the boat!!

A bad day fishing is much better than a good day at work.

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I’d go with flush mount stainless. You’ve got a ton of empty deck space. Couple of flush deck rod holders wouldn’t hurt either. Something like this…

Capt. Larry Teuton

I saw a couple manufacturers at the boat show using a flush mount cup/rod holder combo. The top looked like this but there was a rod holder tube in the bottom of the cup portion.

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

…the harbor was slick as an eel pecker.