Lots Of People Quit

For lots of reasons

https://stricklandmarineinsurance.com/

Retirement?

Im not privy to that info, one can only hope

Haven’t talked to Lee in years, but he was a pretty dang intelligent guy. I imagine whatever the situation is, he’s financially good to go.

That’s the dream right? Retire and do what you actually want to do

I just hope his health is good, without that not much else matters

1 Like

Roger on all the above, hope Lee is chilling, and staying happy, feel certain he is doing just that.

Like 23 said, he is an intelligent man, had his future secure no doubt.

Good luck Lee, if you are listening, and come on back aboard, especially now that you have more time available, and the politics and religion subjects are limited lol!

I always enjoyed speaking with Lee, he was an intelligent and interesting guy. Hoping the closing was of his own doing and that he and his family are doing well.

Hey 23, Ricky, just chiming in to say I was not referring to You or Stump regarding Pathetic Mods.

Sorry to chime in like this…just wanted to make sure all could see.

Regarding Lee, Have had 4 different boats insured through him…best rates could find.

Seemed to be a fine Christian fella as well.

NN

I never met Gotcha’ but talked to him several times, having a couple of Botes insured with him.

Hope he is well, and best wishes!

Got the email first thing this morning advising they’re closed down and referring all to some other agency.

I’ve used them for 30 years, always very professional and competitive rates.

Have know idea of how this went down but I’ll have to say I just had two policies I renewed this month and I’m a bit disappointed they weren’t more forthcoming with the adrupt closure and lack of transparency in shutting the business down, I’m not going to draw any conclusions but I’ll have to say I could have shopped them around plenty of times but did not because I always trusted them and they always did a great job.

To put it bluntly, there’s two ways to shut a business, unfortunately this path was for Strickland first and clients last.

So what happens to the policy’s? Are they terminated and no longer valid?

Ive always feared using a smaller company for insurance, for similar type reasons to this, especially lving in hurricane alley.

Hope he and his are ok. He did give me some good insurance advice about a decade ago.

I think they mostly were insurance brokers.

All the policies I had thru them were underwritten by Travlers.

They’d shop the best policy for you from any number of big providers (travlers, progressive, northern, etc…) and take a cut for that service. They would also follow up on claims.

His girls in the office were top knotch every time i had to deal with them, thats why i personally stayed as long as I did

But in the end the geico lizzard gave me a better price for better coverage. Thank the baby jesus I never had to use any of their services

Ive already been contacted by Anderson Insurance confirming coverages etc FWIW, not familiar with them as I dont live in Chas, Im sure their fine, however Im sure ill be looking to some existing contacts moving forward,

@dinnertime2001

How do you like the villages?

1 Like

First no one here knows the real reason, just speculation.

I’ll have to disagree with your “bluntness”. Looks like a contingency plan was in place prior to closing. Strickland over 30 years has not put clients last. Good things don’t last forever. While many on CFC disliked Lee’s strong knowledge and unbreachable posts, a lot tried to bring him down and poke fun at him. Personally I think it was when someone went on a religious route and Lee always had the right answer, debunking others with truth.

There… a nice drag on the few cigarettes left in the pack… sigh.

I sure hope life is treating Lee well! I miss him around here… what’s it been 5 or so years?

Anderson Insurance Associates, Inc. has arranged to provide all agent/broker/agency services – as of 7/31/23 and going forward – for any and all persons and entities who were active customers of Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc. as of 7/31/23 (and thus, for any policies in effect as of 7/31/23), and to provide latent service, if and as needed, for any former customers of Strickland Marine Insurance Agency, Inc.

How many boats did Lee cover for you?

cause this is, or was, about Strickland closing up shop abruptly, not really about Auld Lang Syne

asking for a friend