Low water and Condensing

Haven’t been out to Murray in 6 months. Just curious to see if the lower water will channel the fish into tighter areas this spring or if the dam area is still deep and they’ll be spread out.

Thanks!

There is pleanty of water for the fish to hide in the lower end. I was really looking forward to fishing up river this winter with the drawdown “condensing the fish” as you said but with all the mud, I haven’t caught a single fish above Macedonia Church since November. It’s been muddy all the way to just past the tip of Schull Island lately. Still have had a good winter but had to fish areas I have never fished this time of year. Honestly it’s been really good for me because I am learning new areas.

Stripers don’t mind mud - neither do the bait… Only thing that doesn’t like mud is people… :smiley::smiley::smiley:

… it’s my Wife’s fault we HAVE to fish !!!

2005 Sea Pro 2100cc / Yamaha 150hp 4-Stroke

quote:
Originally posted by Lawcrusher

Stripers don’t mind mud - neither do the bait… Only thing that doesn’t like mud is people… :smiley::smiley::smiley:</font id=“size3”>

:wink:

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish