Lowcountry Fly Shop

Heads up, tried to go by there this weekend. LCFS is closed.

Yeah, awful news. Those guys always took good care of me. I hope they will somehow make a return… preferably in West Ashley.

1 Like

Great store, but it always seemed that they were struggling to keep the lights on. Nothing against them, they had whatever you were looking for and were always helpful, I hope they reappear sometime

Anything that pulls drag, right?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJapLk9rt91Jop89mxRU7eg?

Charleston Angler is closing also. I guess we’re back to where we were 30 years ago, Hadrells’, Hadrell’s, and only Hadrell’s.

I try to encourage people to shop local, but, the online stuff continues to slowly eat away at our local vendors.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Tough to succeed with fly only shop. While the fly fishing community is a passionate and loyal one, I just don’t think there’s the numbers of people here to sustain a shop.

2016 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage w/300 Merc Verado

quote:
Originally posted by PalmerScott

Charleston Angler is closing also. I guess we’re back to where we were 30 years ago, Hadrells’, Hadrell’s, and only Hadrell’s.

I try to encourage people to shop local, but, the online stuff continues to slowly eat away at our local vendors.

Sad, are they closing both stores?
quote:
Originally posted by bonecrusher

Tough to succeed with fly only shop. While the fly fishing community is a passionate and loyal one, I just don’t think there’s the numbers of people here to sustain a shop.

2016 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage w/300 Merc Verado

I agree, fly only shops are tough to make a living with.
quote:
Originally posted by Beavertail
quote:
Originally posted by PalmerScott

Sad, are they closing both stores?
I am probably the only one that did not know this already buy there may be others. The new owner of 2 years has now closed both locations and is planning to convert the business to an Online Store only.