Lowrance elite 5 help

I recently purchased a boat that came with a Lowrance elite 5 installed. When I tried to get fumilur with the GPS I noticed there was no sd card installed and the GPS will not pick up my current location. It is stuck on a location other than where im at. My question is do i need the sd card for the GPS to locate my position or can I use it without the maps?

I think I have the elite 5, and am pretty sure it has two versions. One with the chart and one with out. Google the model number for in depth info on it. Also, try a factory reset, I forget how, maybe menu and power button for 10 seconds.

2002 17’SeaHunt

quote:
Originally posted by BlueGoose

I think I have the elite 5, and am pretty sure it has two versions. One with the chart and one with out. Google the model number for in depth info on it. Also, try a factory reset, I forget how, maybe menu and power button for 10 seconds.

2002 17’SeaHunt

Thanks for the info. I will try to do a reset.

DTP, try this. While in GPS mode hit the menu button and the first choice should be “Return To Vessel”. Then hit enter.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

Some of the Elite 5 came with an SD Navionics card. If that is your case and the SD card is missing, just change the chart settings to use the built in Lawrence maps.
Select settings
Select chart
Select chart data
Change to Lowrance

Striperskiff & Tailspot. Thanks, it worked I can now see my location on the chart plotter. While playing with the unit I found the Navionics gold sd card still in the case. The previous owner never used it and had it in a bag behind the unit.

Nice, glad you got it all worked out. It’s good to have those nice charts in there to make the most of the gps unit. The Gold charts aren’t much out dated by any means, but with all the updates going out every day, if you ever wanted to upgrade your charts check out getting the navionics updates card. I took this route with an older card before and for half the price it turns your old card into a brand new navionics+ chart card. Pretty slick.