Lowrance Sidescan Transducer Installation Help!!

I posted this on the fishing discussion forum but thought I’d try here…
Just acquired one of the Lowrance HDS units with sidescan. Really, really need some help with the sidescan transducer installation on a Pathfinder 2200(22’). The boat has a notched transom where the motor is inset about 9 inches, not a flat transom. On top of that, it has a stepped transom to allow shallow water running. Bottom line is if I mount the transducer on the starboard side the motor will block the cone angle. If I mount it under the step, I have to drill holes in the hull(not good in my opinion). Just wondering if there is anyone out there that has had this opportunity to screw up or do it right. Any help appreciated!!!

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

Try the “Boats And Motors” Forum as well. That’s where you will normally see the most discussions concerning electronics.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Not sure if this one is relevant or not:

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=132006

You can attach a small piece of expanded pvc board to the transom with 5200 and screw the transducer to that. No holes in the hull and if you ever had to remove it you could.

Wellcraft V-20 sportfish with a 200 Evinrude

Thanks, guys, like the 5200 idea…

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

I only attach with pvc board. No holes in the hull and alot of times i have seen the screws pull out of the pvc when u have mishaps with docks and stumps. Which is a good thing cause it saves the transducers. Snappped a couple pix this morn while headed to make someone else rich.

“Sea~N~Stripes”
21’ Hewes Craft Custom
115 Evinrude

Thanks for the pics, MM, gonna give that a try…

Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><