LP Gas Burner expert needed

Setting up a 40 + gallon pot to cook with. (long story)

LPCAST10 - Large Low Pressure Cast Iron Burner with 5" neck
http://gashosesandregulators.com/castironburners.html

Currently have a home depot type hose, #56-0.046 orifice, and a variable regulator.

Burns ok but I don’t think it is exactly right. Almost all the air is completely shut off and the regulator wide open I still have 10-20 holes not burning. It sounds like it is sputtering at the orifice.

Temp curve on 30ish gallons of water so far.
minutes temp
0 50
18 75
25 84
30 105

Opinions, ideas, help??

Not an expert.

My biggest problem is spiders. They clog up the openings in the burners. I have been covering the burner and taping up the air intake.

Try using air and blow into the burner.

Again I’m Not an expert

MooreFun Out!
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you!

Thank you and dirt dobbers are murder on them. Sorry should have said all of this is new equipment and I have back checked for anything that is not up to standard so to speak.

I got a cooker from Bass pro as a gift a few years ago and the regulator was bad out of the box. They sent me a new one to replace it.

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

If you can get your hands on a meter called a “manometer” (measures pressure in inches of water). You need about 11 inches of pressure for propane. If you don’t have that much, something is amiss with the regulator. You could try using the regulator off your gas grill.

Good luck

ZX

Usually a gas grill uses a low pressure regulator and a crab/oyster/ turkey pot uses a high pressure regulator.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose