Mag Charger Thoughts

Thinking of getting one for loading mags. .556

Any thoughts on what type would be best? Best price I have seen is a Caldwell (plastic) that Midway has on clearance for 52 bux.

Thanks All,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

You must be loading a lot of mags? Liberals would want to know why you needed such a device.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

How do you store your ammo? Reload, and place in 50 round boxes? Ammo cans loose? 20 round boxes?

This looks like it is made from cheap plastic and likely won’t last long with all those moving parts. Plus, unless you reload and use these 50 round boxes already, you will have extra time loading the boxes, or loading the tray before plunging.

I would just get a speed loader, or make your own MagLula out of wood. That way it doesn’t matter how your ammo is stored, it will still take the same amount of time, and will last longer with fewer moving parts. This looks cheesy to me.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf76iM1E3fk

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

That’s pretty slick :sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I’ll say! I used stripper clips for years. It only takes a second to load a magazine with those, but I do like that board for loose ammo. I’m going to have to make me one of those!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Cool vid, Geronimo! Need to try and make one of those.

At this time, most are on stripper clips.

Thanks

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

I have a friend in Lexington that makes the loaders like in the video. If you would be interested in one, shoot me a PM and I’ll get you his #. Not sure what he charges, but my dad bought one and is pleased with it.

quote:
Originally posted by SCOOBIE

I have a friend in Lexington that makes the loaders like in the video. If you would be interested in one, shoot me a PM and I’ll get you his #. Not sure what he charges, but my dad bought one and is pleased with it.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks

NN

www.joinrfa.org/