Magic pallet on It'll Do

After hearing the great success stories on Sunday’s fishing, my crew of Crazy Wayne, Big Swede, Bug Catcher, and I headed for the break beyond 226 on Monday. 5 miles past the hole, we set out lines. We were 0 for 4 early on, that included 2 break offs, very frustrating! Then we went 3 for 9, again horrible luck. The action stopped after a period of time.

We picked up lines and headed deeper looking for the temp break Big Swede swore was out there. 15 miles later, we found a decent spot loaded with bait. In the hour fishing the area with nothing to show for it, we picked up lines and headed SE, “you must head east before you head west”. Thats when we stumbled on the magic pallet. We slowing drove up to the pallet looking for life. Looking below, big grins covered everyone’s faces. Lines were quickly set out and it was “game on”! We could not keep more than 2 lines rigged. 20 good size dolphin later, we had to attempt to catch the 5 tripletail hovering under the pallet. The little green artificial crab on the spinning rod got the tripletail started, but we caught the 3 on a secret bait. The 2 remaining tripletail were on to our tactics after watching their buddies disappear. We left them for next time.

After the acton packed time with the pallet, we headed for the ledge for a wahoo. At 1100 feet, we saw dolphin, busting the surface in great numbers. We slowing pulled up to the area and 75 to 100 dolphin were under the boat. As quickly as we came upon them, they left the area after collecting only 2 fish.

A great day on the water with a first rate crew. We ended the day with 25 phins, and 3 tripletail! Maybe another trolling trip or 2 but It’s about time to pull out the dive gear.

The Magic Pallet

Bugcatcher with pallet behind him

[IMG]http://i81.pho

Nice work. Those TT’s will take a chunk of ballyhoo if all else fails…

Skinneej,

Dang, who told you that was our secret bait? Now everyone will know!

Glad to see y’all had another great day!

2004 Cape Horn 31
twin yamaha F300’s

Cape Horn 24OS Sold!
twin 150 Optimax

I don’t want to be rich,
I just want 1 dollar more than I can spend!

Got to be tripple lucky to find a pallet in the middle of the ocean. I may start bringing my own pallet. Haha. Very Nice work guys, congrats!

2005 29’ Triton
Twin 225 Optimax

“REEL EXPLOSIVE”

Good fishing fo sho!

Spring steel works on those TTs too! Surprised Bug Catcher did not bust that out… :wink:

Set the trap boys, we going to pass through them again!!

That’s a fine box of fish!

quote:
Got to be tripple lucky to find a pallet in the middle of the ocean. I may start bringing my own pallet. Haha.

Not so far fetched really. An old charter boat trick was to carry out a few copies of the sunday newspaper. Spread the sheets out flat on the surface to create a large raft. They will stay together for most of the day and it doesn’t take long for them to attract fish. Speed things up by tying a chum bag to one end of a pool noodle and float it along with the newspaper raft.

It only works in calm water but we’ve caught a lot of dolphin and cobia from under newspaper.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I will use a 100’ roll of 4’ wide brown meat paper we use for deer meat, you have to do it on the weekdays now or 100 boats will be allover your rip! Used to use 4 by 8 sheets of plywood, but like everything else they cost to much.

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.

Yep, that works too, just more expensive than newsprint. Build your own weedline. It works:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

looks like good size to those dolphin too. good stuff!

Rob Harding
236 Sailfish 250 4s Yam
Charleston diving
http://www.charlestondiving.com
(Fish not Biting? Try a fast presentation of spring steel)</font id=“green”>

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

quote:
Got to be tripple lucky to find a pallet in the middle of the ocean. I may start bringing my own pallet. Haha.

Not so far fetched really. An old charter boat trick was to carry out a few copies of the sunday newspaper. Spread the sheets out flat on the surface to create a large raft. They will stay together for most of the day and it doesn’t take long for them to attract fish. Speed things up by tying a chum bag to one end of a pool noodle and float it along with the newspaper raft.

It only works in calm water but we’ve caught a lot of dolphin and cobia from under newspaper.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Walmart just sold out of noodles and newspaper!

BG

Sounds like you guys worked for it, I did not realize triple tails are off our coast. I have only seen them in the keys. Looking on line for green artificial crab.

Polar 23CC

[quote]Originally posted by ROONEY1959

Sounds like you guys worked for it, I did not realize triple tails are off our coast. I have only seen them in the keys. Looking on line for green artificial crab.

This is the little green crab we used,

but don’t spend your money on the artificial bait, spend your money on this

S4G,Illegal,unethical and I forgot my gun after putting in 19hrs the day before!!!

If it got any better I couldn’t stand it.

Thanks Itll do, just bought a case of the bhoos couple weeks ago from bait masters in FL, sure like to get them wet, but family been keeping us from getting offshore this year, but all is good.

Polar 23CC

We have a stack of pallets at work I’d be happy to exchange for a pack of ballyhoo apiece!

26’ Glacier Bay
Mistress

If I give you the lat/lon coordinates will you deliver?:question:

quote:
Originally posted by Magezzi

We have a stack of pallets at work I’d be happy to exchange for a pack of ballyhoo apiece!

26’ Glacier Bay
Mistress

“BlueWater Fishing Team”
2004 Cape Horn 31
twin yamaha F300’s

Cape Horn 24OS Sold
twin 150 Optimax

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton

I remember the newspaper days. It worked :wink:

HAHA! Delivering pallets off shore… Thanks for the early morning laugh brianh. But seriously, will you deliver those pallets up to 50nm out? lol

2005 29’ Triton
Twin 225 Optimax

“REEL EXPLOSIVE”