Man arrested for shooting down drone

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/hillview-man-arrested-for-shooting-down-drone-cites-right-to-privacy

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

At only 10’ off the ground,one doesn’t need a shotgun,only a crab net.

Rules are rules,no discharging a firearm in city limits.Pay the fine and move on.

I’d have shot it down, too, but a well thrown t shirt would have probably had the same effect. Would have thrown it in the pool and then I’d have probably got my ass beat before the cops showed up…

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I would have just stripped down to my birthday suit,problem solved…That drone wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

quote:
Rules are rules,no discharging a firearm in city limits.Pay the fine and move on

Another reason why I don’t live inside city limits, but I would still shoot it down under those circumstances. If there is a fine, so be it. It ain’t taking pictures of my wife or daughter in my back yard, city or not.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

My guess would be, he is not in trouble for stopping the drone, but for discharging a firearm. I might have shot the remote control too!

I can’t blame the fella one bit. Glad I live well outside the city limits.

A Cobia jig on a surf rod might “accidently” take it down while you are “practicing” your casting technique.

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

Yep ; just target practice for tailing reds!!:smiley::smiley:

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

He needs to make himself a good potato gun. Fill it with BB’s and let her rip.

First, Most, Biggest
I want to catch them all

If a drone ever does that over my property. I’m taking it down too.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

If a drone ever does that over my property. I’m taking it down too.

this from Mr mild mannered. you tense today bro?

“Enough hijacking, this is a major thread”

You planning on flying a drone over my property?

not if you’re going to shoot. I am way more afraid of your wife and I am you though

that reeks of a stalker or someone casing your stuff. Good job on old boy. Too bad the cops didn’t confiscate it and see what was being recorded.

Just helped my brother in law change out his fence from 6’ to 8’ in Sangaree. Even so I couldn’t live that close to others and then on top of that have some prissy ass queen tell me my grass is too long or my drive way needs edging. I honestly can not believe people live like that. Crazy stuff. Give me my tree roosting Chickens, goat, cow, and horse. And if I decide to fire off a few rounds from what ever weapon I choose to keep proficient with… so be it. opps forgot to mention the ability to walk out the front or back door and pee in peace.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

not if you’re going to shoot. I am way more afraid of your wife and I am you though

Me too

quote:
Even so I couldn't live that close to others and then on top of that have some prissy ass queen tell me my grass is too long or my drive way needs edging. I honestly can not believe people live like that. Crazy stuff. Give me my tree roosting Chickens, goat, cow, and horse. And if I decide to fire off a few rounds from what ever weapon I choose to keep proficient with... so be it. opps forgot to mention the ability to walk out the front or back door and pee in peace.

Me and you both Fred.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
Even so I couldn't live that close to others and then on top of that have some prissy ass queen tell me my grass is too long or my drive way needs edging. I honestly can not believe people live like that. Crazy stuff. Give me my tree roosting Chickens, goat, cow, and horse. And if I decide to fire off a few rounds from what ever weapon I choose to keep proficient with... so be it. opps forgot to mention the ability to walk out the front or back door and pee in peace.

Me and you both Fred.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Ditto

looks as if Willy aint tellin the truth…and got arrested.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2015/07/31/ky-man-shoots-down-neighbors-nosy-drone

10’ high! Ha! I would have just reached up and grabbed it.