Mannequin challenge

From Yahoo News:

22 heavily armed men post mannequin challenge on Facebook, much to delight of cops

By Travis M. Andrews

December 7 at 5:00 AM „³

The serious side of the mannequin challenge

Alabama police have seized guns and drugs as a result of a mannequin challenge video that went viral. It’s not the first time the usually light-hearted internet craze has turned dark. (Deirdra O’Regan/The Washington Post)

In the video, they were all clutching firearms of various caliber.

Pistols and shotguns hung frozen in the air, their blunt ends aimed at various persons, who remained as still as, well, mannequins. One man was prostrate under the back of a car, as if for cover, the barrel of his shotgun peeking out. Another hid behind a plastic trashcan, flimsy protection if this were a real battle.

From one angle, it appeared to be a Madame Tussauds wax museum exhibit ¡X a re-eneacted modern-day gunfight in rural Alabama involving at least 19 guns and 22 young men, frozen in time, scored by the pulsating beat of pounding rap music.

It was a version, albeit an edgy and ultimately inadvisable one, of the mannequin challenge ¡X that Internet craze of filming a scene of stark-still people, generally with the song ¡§Black Beatles¡¨ by Rae Sremmurd playing over it. It has become so popular that everyone from Taylor Swift to NFL players to Alabama inmates have recorded a version.

Those inmates might be able to film a version with a larger cast now, as two of the men in the firearm-studded mannequin challenge have, perhaps unsurprisingly, been arrested; one of them for ¡X you guessed it ¡X possessing guns.

Terry Brown and Kenneth White (Courtesy Madison County Jail)

The video was filmed in Huntsville, Ala., but Facebook allowed it to reach those far beyond the borders of the 186,000-person, NASA-centric city. Posted about a month ago on Nov. 9, it has been shared more than 85,000 times, AL.com reported, meaning it reached a lot of eyeballs.

Including those of the Madison County

I curse all of you who have participated in a mannequin challenge. Seriously, all of you. Shame.

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

I curse all of you who have participated in a mannequin challenge. Seriously, all of you. Shame.

And Plankers. We curse Plankers too.

i’m confused, were there drugs also in the video? is it illegal to have firearms in Alabama? I’m just curious as to was persuaded a detective to pursue pressing charges for posting a video of people holding guns on facebook? and what judge issued a warrant based on that

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

i’m confused, were there drugs also in the video? is it illegal to have firearms in Alabama? I’m just curious as to was persuaded a detective to pursue pressing charges for posting a video of people holding guns on facebook? and what judge issued a warrant based on that

Quite possible that the resident of the home was on probation or parole or something that prohibited them from being around firearms…

Don’t assume a judge made a warrant based on “holding guns on FB.”

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

I wasnt necessarily assuming that. that’s just what the article sounded like to me. I did a little more research and it turns out that a few of the people in the mannequin were indeed known felons, which obviously means that they cant be in possession of a firearm and that’s where the warrant stemmed from.

planker?

You don’t want to know Pod! You and I, could never be one:smiley:

Wanker maybe but never a planker.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Yep, the Pee and I could be poster children for Wanker’s! Thanks for pointing that out DF:smiley: