Marine Plywood??

Does anyone know where (if anywhere) you can get marine plywood in Columbia?

Thanks

Probably nowhere. What do you need? I’ve got a lot of scraps. I order mine out of South FL.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I was actually posting for a friend of my wife’s. I think they’re redoing a pontoon boat but I’m not sure. I wasn’t really paying attention.

Thank Larry

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I had someone talk me into using high quality A grade 3/4 plywood and then paint it with real good coverage to replace the floor in my Starcraft aluminum boat. Within six months realized that way a mistake. Still holding but warped up and just bad looking. I would make sure you get the good stuff, but I could not find any in Charleston.

quote:
I had someone talk me into using high quality A grade 3/4 plywood and then paint it with real good coverage

It wasn’t me :smiley: If you’re going to do it on a boat, do it once, do it right. Use either meranti or okume mahogany, grade BS1088 or 6566. It will have a Lloyds of London BS stamp on it, something like this…

Charleston used to have a pretty good supplier but they went out of business a few years ago. I mostly get it from http://plywood.boatbuildercentral.com/, bought hundreds of sheets and every one perfect. Sometimes I use Worldpanel.com. Also excellent quality. Shipping cost from either is about $100 to Savannah and it’s the same if you buy 1 sheet or 20. What’s $100 when a boat is involved, one tank of gas?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Depending on the intended use, the Lowes in Charleston off of Glenn McConnell Parkway has 3/4" douglas fir marine ply. Have used several sheets and have not found a single void that couldn’t be described as tiny.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_622774-19408-119668___?productId=50254845&pl=1&Ntt=marine+plywood

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

Does anyone know where (if anywhere) you can get marine plywood in Columbia?

Thanks

call Hamm’s Ace Hardware in Prosperity

Pioneer 197SF

Thanks all, I’ll pay more attention to my wife the next time she is talking to me.

Bil bought his ply from overtons when he redecked his toon. Said it was just a cheap with shipping as buying local and it was marine ply.

If it fly’s, floats, or, friggs, rent it!

Turns out they want to redo the floor on their pontoon boat. Whadda ya know, I was listening.