Matthew recovery

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

We got incredibly lucky. Our beach house on edisto was pretty much untouched. It’s older and sits low to the ground so we were sure it was gone.

Yeah, it seemed they took a beating down there!
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

We got incredibly lucky. Our beach house on edisto was pretty much untouched. It’s older and sits low to the ground so we were sure it was gone.

Yeah, it seemed they took a beating down there!

Yeah, all in all it could have been much worse. 14’s playing a little higher than the normal par 4 now. Jon Boat only too.

Will the club be running any specials this week on the green fees?

Talk about Island Greens! I would guess, it would be lift and place also:question:

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Will the club be running any specials this week on the green fees?

I think they’ll be running a browns fees special instead after that saltwater takes it’s toll.

made out ok in Hardeeville… No power from 845 Fri night to 730 Tues night… we have generator, as stove and plenty of food… very very luck for sure… folks down the road had water inside their homes…

forgot to add… at 400 am sat the boat horn shorted… my wife waking me up to investigate this horrible noise outside… yeah… that was fun, had to cut the power to the speaker… will fix prior to the MAD Charleston event…

21’ Triumph T-Top 150

quote:
DF please tell us you got no damage at your place.

No Pea, with the exception of losing some food from a power outage, we came through fine. Kinda dragging, day 10 of 12 on 12 off and it looks like we’ll be at it well into next week. Parts of the Pee Dee have yet to see the worst of the flooding as several rivers have yet to crest. When you have a river that is predicted to go nearly 18’ above flood stage, all that water has to go somewhere. I haven’t been on here much lately, anyone heard from Cracker Larry?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:

ED, I’m glad you & your property were not harmed. From the pics & vids I’ve seen, it looks like the island got hit hard. Last time we were down we cut a road thru wooded lot which I suspect is now closed. Best of luck to you & all South Carolinians.

First ever workplace violence incident, Wounded Knee,SD.

I will be in edisto this weekend and staying a good while to help with clean up. Please let me know if anyone needs any help. Will have heavy equipment

I live off of Foster Creek Road in Hanahan, never lost power, cable, internet, phone signal, water…had it all. We were very blessed.