Max tire size on 1999 C1500 chevy surburban?

Currently the car has 235/75R15 tires on it but I was hoping I could get bigger tires without buying new wheels or getting a lift. It seems like I could fit bigger tires because there is plenty of space in the wheel well. Does anyone know what size tires I could fit on it without buying new wheels?

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release
Youtube:srgoprovideos

15? Must be 2wd. I dont know about 2wd but I had a 92 4wd Z71 with 16" and the biggest tire I could fit was a 305/85R16 BFG AT. I had to trim the plastic front valance. Loved that truck! Standard with a 350!

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

Call Discount Tire or a chain tire place. They can tell you.

Read the label inthe door jam,that will help you decide how big you can go.

Double D.

I tried to find the door jamb label but that is missing. I measured the distance between the tire and the fender and had 3.5 inches at the closest part. Any idea what size I could put on then? I was thinking 265/75.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

How wide are your rims? Best bet is call Discount Tire or Tread quarters. They could tell you

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

The rims are 7.5" wide I believe.

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

How wide are your rims? Best bet is call Discount Tire or Tread quarters. They could tell you

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

I read that the max size would be a 265/70R15. Does that sound about right?

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

you could certainly fit that… it calculates to a little over 30"

I wouldn’t go over 265 on a 7.5 wide wheel. Suggested max is 235 on a 7.5

I looked on tirerack.com and an all terrain 265/70r15 tire should fit the rim width. I think the sizes vary.

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

I’m running 285/75 r16 on the factory wheels. It’s a 2001 1500. I know you said your’s 15s. Hope this helps. Factory suspension

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but thanks for all the help! I put 265/75r15 Cooper Discover AT3s on. They fit great and give the car a bit of a lift. Can’t wait to put my light bar on!

17’ Mako
283 Grady White Release

Fills up the wheel well nice. Looks good! Nothing like the smell of new tires!!!

Dorado II
Carolina Skiff 25DLV

31X10.50-15 WOULD HAVE WORKED PERFECTLY