Maximum fee for non-consensual towing?

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Don’t get a DUI in GA. The towing fee will be about $275-300 plus $50-75 a day for storage. If you are broke down you can call a tow truck for about $75 for 20 miles. If the police call for a tow, it will cost $400 minimum to get your truck back. Cash only. No CC, no checks.

I’ve got no idea about a maximum fee law, but do know that voluntary towing is much cheaper than involuntary.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Yikes!!! DUI is a pretty serious thing though.
quote:
Originally posted by JustinTime

We are in Asheville for the fall foliage, signs all over the city $250 towing charge plus $40 a day storage for non consensual towing. I guess our rates in Charleston are reasonable in comparison.

People will forget what you said…
People will forget what you did…
But people will never forget how you made them feel.

Reasonable for who? That's an entire weeks worth of wages for someone on minimum wage. Why don't they just charge $1000?

I think it really comes down to nobody challenging something so ridiculous. It’s a monopoly protected by the local government. One day, the wrong person is going to get towed and will get some momentum together to get the fees dropped. Most people just think there is nothing they can do and they pay it and move on with their lives.

What did you say to them to beg you to leave their office with a full refund? I think that’s the important thing here.

Narcosis

This interests me too, I’m sure most towing companys are use to dealing with irate people, so another one walking into the door would be extraordinary.

Loophole in the law? Tell them the sign wasn’t visable? Threaten to sue?

What did Skinnie do to make that gal across counter cry for mercy.

On the bright side…$170 is thousands of dollars cheaper than a DUI.

Something else to think about: If you are out on the town and have one too many, call a wrecker instead of a taxi. $75 and you wake up at home with your car and no DUI.

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

So your wife is a substance abuser?

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

So your wife is a substance abuser?

Not any more than you are a child abuser...

Personally I like a gal that doesn’t mind having a few glasses of wine. It’s others on this site that think they are substance abusers if they have one glass to many.

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke

This interests me too, I’m sure most towing companys are use to dealing with irate people, so another one walking into the door would be extraordinary.

Loophole in the law? Tell them the sign wasn’t visable? Threaten to sue?

What did Skinnie do to make that gal across counter cry for mercy.

Well, there is the delivery piece. When you mess with the bull, you get the horns… I live by that credo… I’ve been known to badger people until they break if that is what is needed… But, that being said, here is what helped me in my case:

quote:
Sec. 19-397. - Tow record/invoice. Towing carriers shall use a tow record/invoice form for all non-consensual tows, which form shall contain the information shown in Appendix A to Ord. No. 1997-116. Towing carriers shall complete all applicable portions of the tow record/invoice form for each nonconsensual tow. The tow record/invoice shall be a multiple copy form, the copies of which shall be distributed as follows: The towing carrier shall retain the copy bearing all required original signatures for authorization and delivery. The towing carrier shall deliver a copy to the vehicle owner, authorized operator, or authorized agent of the owner at the time of delivery of the towed motor vehicle and payment of towing charges.

(Ord. No. 1997-116, ? 1, 3-25-97)

Editor’s note?

Editor’s note?Appendix A to Ord. No. 1997-116 provides as follows:

Tow Record/Invoices:

The tow record/invoice shall contain at least the following information:

Serial number of the tow record/invoice.

Name, address, permit number, and tel

quote:

Personally I like a gal that doesn’t mind having a few glasses of wine. It’s others on this site that think they are substance abusers if they have one glass to many.

Never said she had 1 too many! Only that she DID have some wine and that we had a baby to get home.

OUTSTANDING!

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

OUTSTANDING!

Thank you sir. In hindsight, I wish I had my GoPro. I was relentless in my attack and was at the top of my game that day. For ever comment fired my way, I had a smart ass comment back. When I walked out, their whole office had to be questioning what had just happened.
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

Never said she had 1 too many! Only that she DID have some wine and that we had a baby to get home.
salty says it was abuse if she was impaired. This kid hated me

Why is his eye swollen shut?

Because he wouldn’t levelwind.

quote:

Because he wouldn’t levelwind.

Ha! I feel your pain. He definitely deserved it then!

Beat them at their own game and they couldn’t stand it. Hopefully the owner will get home and relaize you were right and she was wrong and try and make some improvements to her business and her own ethics. But folks like that rarely do. “I’m right and your wrong, now give me a bunch of money i didn’t really earn.”

quote:
You guys know that I am fully capable of being a level 10 smart ass.

Not you [:0] :smiley::smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:
You guys know that I am fully capable of being a level 10 smart ass.

Not you [:0] :smiley::smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

Not something I have ever denied! :smiley:

I am still laughing after reading this…you, SJ, are a Trip:smiley:.

Good for you! And yes, I wish you would have had your GoPro!

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/