May 6 and 8 - North Hole area

On May 6 the forecast looked good and conditions mostly matched the forecast. A bit bigger waves further out but it turned pretty flat before heading back. Fished 85 to 105 feet with water temps around 71 to 72 everywhere fished.

Started trolling and was able to finally, I think, get sorted on using bigger planers attached to the transom. Youtube is great, I guess, but it seems like there is always information missing from instructional videos. It took a few tries to really get to work but prefer this to inline planers. Much nicer to be able to fish a lighter rod with the planer and not have to handline fish in to the boat.

Marked very few fish up higher in the water, caught a false albacore and had one good knockdown that got off.

Switched to bottom fishing and jigs and had a pleasant day. Porgies, vermillion and triggers along with some other stuff. A new one for me was banded rudder fish. Thanks to advice on this forum in response to a post, studied up on fish id and got FishRules ap. I would have pitched that one back in the past (would have been a loss - tasty and zero worms).

Highlight of the day was PB trigger. Not sure the picture shows it but this was 27 inches from nose to end of tail.

May 8 conditions ok out and miserable back. Not rough but just a short, nasty chop with the wind at a perfect angle to deliver a salt water bath. Hopefully, salt water is good for skin, hair and eyes.

Mission for the day was to explore some new numbers. For this, I troll around (not really my favorite way to fish) and see what I see. Don’t know if this is the right approach but it keeps me from feeling like I am driving around aimlessly burning ridiculously expensive marina fuel. First couple of spots at about 120 feet, nothing. The third spot tried at about 95 feet was a worthwhile add. Water temps again around 72.

At the third location, before doing any trolling, saw some Atlantic spotted dolphin which has indicated