Me and the Trout trick?

Used the trick for several trips and never could get a hit.Capt Waller told me how to fish it at the SRFC Seminar He gave.I tried it yesterday and realized i was fishing it way to fast.I realized this when I threw the trick out and raised it one time and reached for a drink.The trick was on the ground in 5 feet of water for I would say 1 minute.Next thing I know the line moves down the creek.I pick up the rod and well a nice 20 inch trout.After that I caught about 7 more with 4 more keepers at 18 inches.Now that I know the retrieve I will add it to my list of go to lures.The Chicken Boy I found on line and ordered several packs and colors.They all work pretty good.Nephew now loves the chicken boy because He caught the largest trout on it.:smiley:I also caught a mess on the pop cork with a DOA white shrimp and a red head.Drop was about 3 feet.I have used 4 feet and that also works well.

I caught a bunch of trout and reds Sunday on a DOA without the cork. I did just like you with the TT, just let it sink to the bottom, twitch it up, let it fall, wait, and repeat. Most hits would come either when it was falling or sitting still. I learned a whole lot this weekend about catching them this time of year.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I tried the zman TT against the original TT in the clear water in Tampa yesterday and the zman TT stands strait up when resting on the bottom. The original mostly lays over

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

quote:
Originally posted by Optiker

I tried the zman TT against the original TT in the clear water in Tampa yesterday and the zman TT stands strait up when resting on the bottom. The original mostly lays over

How about as far as catchin? Did you see any noticeable difference between the 2 with either of them outfishing the other?

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Too early to tell striper I caught a bunch on the new but they have been different color than the original tt

Most of my hits have been on the fall and a couple of times it has literally been the cast out and on the fall. My youngest son’s 1st red on an artificial came on his first cast on the fall.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I free line the DOA chartreuse shrimp.Lift it up and let it fall.Works pretty good.

Stonoman

quote:
Originally posted by stonoman

I free line the DOA chartreuse shrimp.Lift it up and let it fall.Works pretty good.

Stonoman

This is where I've found a conventional reel to work much better than spinning. I've been free lining the silver DOA on my abu c3 5500 and it seems so much easier to control the amount of line and setting hook by holding thumb on spool. I've also noticed I can keep a popping cork closer to the grassline by giving a little line out before each pop, so easy with the 5500

I go as lite as possible,Quantum pts 10 and 6 foot 4-6 rod.My shoulder at my age is wore out LOL So when I throw plugs or grubs it all needs to be lite and smooth.St Croix and ugly stick my choices.

Stonoman