Meat Grinder needed...

Wifey says give her a list so I’m thinkin Meat Grinder. I see a lot of posts here about you all grinding up deer, chum, pork and such and we like all that and sausage. I have a bunch of venison to eat up. So what’s a really good one got? Steel gears? Horsepower? #8 or whatever plates? The LEM #8 Mighty Bite is on sale for $150 at Academy; it’s 800 watt unit. I’m thinkin I need something beefier, maybe not… I’ll just give her your ■■■■■■■■ here and then see what I get under the tree. Might be a bag of coal.

I bought a Cabelas 1 hp a couple years ago. If you are taking deer to a processor it will pay for itself quickly. Running through the first grind (coarse) I can grind a whole deer in less than 2 minutes. You don’t have to cut it up in small pieces - actually works better with the larger pieces. The hopper is big enough to hold a whole ham. Love the dang thing.

It ain’t no mystery…this beer’s history!

Do the right thing and tell her it isn’t about you but more about her. Get her a kitchen aid stand up mixer and add on the meat grinder

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Do the right thing and tell her it isn’t about you but more about her. Get her a kitchen aid stand up mixer and add on the meat grinder

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Cant agree more…I love mine and you would be surprised the volume that thing can handle! I’m going for the pasta attachment next…

Best thing about it, is how quickly and easy it comes apart and you just throw everything in the dishwasher…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

quote:

Not bad, not bad… we have that mixer already, think it has the same power as a dedicated unit? I think I’ve seen that attachment, good idea if it has the ooomph.

quote:
Originally posted by DillyDally
quote:

Not bad, not bad… we have that mixer already, think it has the same power as a dedicated unit? I think I’ve seen that attachment, good idea if it has the ooomph.

as long as it has the metal plug on the front end that comes out and you have the drive gear, you should be fine…

“Endeavor to Persevere.
Give,Give… Never Take.”
EC

Wow… so wife bought a 3000 STX Turbo Meat Grinder for xmas, nice! But it’s going back, cheap POS. Checked into a grinder for the Kitchenaid, the “artisan” is only 325 watts. The .75hp at Cabelas lookin good as a replacement.

I disagree on the K-Aid for heavy grinding , fried the wifes doing
venison and she was not a happy camper , had to buy her another one
and still buy me a stand alone one for venison , chum ,ect. Go with blue runners suggestion from Cabelas:smiley::smiley:

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Blue_Runner

I bought a Cabelas 1 hp a couple years ago. If you are taking deer to a processor it will pay for itself quickly. Running through the first grind (coarse) I can grind a whole deer in less than 2 minutes. You don’t have to cut it up in small pieces - actually works better with the larger pieces. The hopper is big enough to hold a whole ham. Love the dang thing.
It ain’t no mystery…this beer’s history!

Got a link?

First, Most, Biggest

I’ve been using the 3000 STX for three seasons now. Usually do around 6 deer a year. I have no complaints. It has worked flawlessly.

Forgot to add I was using the kitchen aid attachment before this and this is a huge improvement.

Put your teeth in Pod.

Got one I bought at Northern about 20 years ago and still going strong. Those day it was all mail order! I think it was about $50.00

After looking more at all the options, I figure as much meat as I eat that the Cabela’s .75 hp is the way to go. Wife wants something she can use for ground turkey and pork sausage. WTH… gonna spring for the big boy. Oh, did I mention chum? Yep, gonna grind up as much fish by-products I can get my hands on.

I bought a Weston from PSA over the holiday. Weston makes awesome stuff. Slicers, vacuum sealers, etc. For what I use it for, can’t beat it for the price. Grinding pork butts and beef for sausage is a breeze.

Assuming you had a body to dispose of, what meat grinder would be best? Asking for a friend.

Get the LEM if you’re doing any volume. A Kitchenaid will burn up quickly, if you put anything hard in there (cold fat) it will strip the internal gears, and it gets too hot so you liquify your fat. I have the older white LEM counter top model and it’s a horse.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

Assuming you had a body to dispose of, what meat grinder would be best? Asking for a friend.

Sounds like you are looking for a wood chipper. hard to get the skull and bigger bones in a meat grinder.

“live and let live” … “those that deserve it.”