Medicare Advice

I currently have Parts A, B & D. I don’t really need the Part D because I get blood pressure medications through the VA now. My insurance is with United Health Care. I’m not really happy with them. No problems with claims, but if you have a question it can be difficult to weave through their system.

Thinking about changing carriers and adding some supplemental coverage.

Any input would be appreciated.

blue cross is the best I have found
an only 138.00 a mounth.

I have been blessed by my wife retiring from the state and having the option of keeping the Blue Cross health Insurance! Along with my Medicare I have never had to pay a dime for all the operations and hospital stays with my heart troubles. Wish I had dental tho! Had a number of implants and crowns and spent enough to by buy a pair of 250 outboards.

This ain’t good

Aetna Premier Plan Plus no charge. Wink wink.

Is that something I should look into?

Just went to a MASA Medical Transport Service free lunch deal to hear their spiel and it sounded pretty good

We’re also looking at Airmed for helicopter transport

Any opinions would be appreciated

Thanks

I’ve been involved / around two different life flights.
I swear they could have got them to the hospital faster by ambulance.
First one I was with our lead roofer roofer in socastee. Had a guy fall got hurt pretty bad. 2 miles maybe 3 from Conway hospital. We drove from socastee to Conway hospital. Went in asked about the guy they said no not here must have took him to Myrtle Beach. Drove to Grand strand hospital and the helicopter had only beat us by about 15 minutes.$16,000
The second incident had a pump Jack that broke. 2 guys fell about 20 ft. Can’t remember the name some golf course condos just off 501 by the waterway.
Grand strand hospital only 15 minute drive. I was in Debbie Doo measuring a roof. Got the call hauled a$$ to the job.
Probably 30 to 40 minutes to get there. Helicopter was just lifting off.
They took them to Charleston.
One guy had 3 broken fingers and a broken wrist. Second guy a couple teeth knocked out and needed some stitches in his lip. And a couple cracked ribs. By the time I got to Charleston they already had their paperwork getting ready to be discharged.
$28,000
There’s 2 Life flight helicopters stationed right behind the campground I stay at here at Greenville.
I hear them coming and going constantly all day and all night.$$$$$$

Wow expensive ride for sure.