Meet & Fish/Cookout - Sat Sept 14 at Buck Hall

It was good seeing everyone yesterday at Buck Hall. We had a cookout back at the picnic area that afternoon, with great cooking by J.P. on the grill!

I need to get back out. Lots of new faces

Who’s Ready for a Sleigh Ride? www.KayakFishSC.com

Glad everyone had a good time. We crabbed in the harbor…man was it ever breezy! Tried to fish a little, just kept getting bait stolen. There was bait everywhere and we saw 2 tailing sharks in creek on James Island. Hope to make a meet and fish soon.

“Apathy is the Glove in Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Wish I could have made it. Went to the Lt Dan band at the citadel. It was a good show. Ate some snapper at fleets landing and it was amazing.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”

Benjamin Franklin

Malibu Stealth 12 with Lowrance Mark 4 Fishfinder/GPS
Perception Access Angler

Saturday was a good time. It was great to meet some new people. Thank you, Lewis, for putting this together.

If two wrongs don’t make a right, try three.

It was fun. Thanks to both JP and LGB for bringing the burgers and brats and coordinating. No fish, but had a good time and enjoyed meeting everyone. And I did not fall out of the yak throwing JPs cast net :slight_smile: My goal was to learn a thing or two, and think I actually learned 3.

Well, here is my very first post! I was able to get activated today so I want to take the opportunity to say thank you to everyone for a great outing last Saturday. The hamburgers were outstanding and tasted soooo good after a day on the water. I hope to see a lot more of everyone in the future and look forward to fishing with you again. I went out to MI today but very windy, hard to keep the yak in any kind of position even with my trusty trolling motor.
Special thanks again to Lewis and friends for putting the Saturday outing together.

Thanks Lewis for putting this together. Had a great time even though the fishing was slow.

KayakMick
Hobie Pro Angler 14
Native Ultimate 12

Hi Dave, Luvthemarsh. Welcome to the forum and also Charleston area (well almost). Funny that I’d run into another Coloradoan on the marsh in SC. Since you are retired, you will probably get to fish more than the rest of us. So keep us posted on your adventures. I’d like to hear about your successes with the fly rod too. I can’t believe how well you were casting into the wind.