Megadock

The fishing was absolutely fantastic for Charleston. Loads of sailfish and a few blue marlin caught. From what I heard from other captains, anywhere from the 500 line up to the 100 line in 300 ft they are there. We ended up 6/9 on the sails. Never had the blue come up though…

good bite for sure. sad a boat was lost

Anyone got info on the boat that went down…?

All that I’ve heard is it was a 58’ Paul Mann, boat name Sportsman. Boat started taking on water in the bow area and the entire boat gear and all went down. Everyone evacuated safely. Have not heard anymore details.

Live5news:

http://www.live5news.com/story/35842211/emergency-crews-assist-passengers-of-sinking-boat

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

Thats a (**() shame but the reality that we all face when going out. I dont know if they hit something in the dark or just something slightly submerged. There is always that chance of catastrophic failure. Thankfully everyone was rescued and the only loss was the boat which can be replaced. Just a reminder to have all safety gear and ensure that all is in working order.

Charlie
www.tidedownsportfishing.com
(843)312-2981

That sucks! Boats have spirits!!!

ZX

This boat was right outside the jetties…?

Such a shame. Was a beautiful boat, which I’ve been on. It just got totally refitted about 6 months ago too…even new engines I believe.

Happened about 8 miles off if just over 30’ of water from what I’ve been told.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Sorry for distracting from the post. I see it used on the forum by some, but I cannot find any definition to the phase “I fished from the 100 line to the 500 line”. Can someone help with an explaination? Does it refer to Loran coordinates? Why not use latitude?

Seafox 266

00 line starts at GT hole and 500 line is edisto banks pretty much. So there saying anywhere out of charleston practically.

266 sailfish twin 200 hpdi

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/uploaded/Hull%20Pass/2015513103830_image.jpg

Hopefully this helps…

When you hear people saying 400 line 400 feet you will know where they’re at. Used by some people but used by all Sporty’s pretty much. It’s like there code talk.

quote:
Originally posted by RiverDog21

Sorry for distracting from the post. I see it used on the forum by some, but I cannot find any definition to the phase “I fished from the 100 line to the 500 line”. Can someone help with an explaination? Does it refer to Loran coordinates? Why not use latitude?

Seafox 266

On top of what HullPass said, I find it easier to have an understanding of where someone is at when using the loran lines. If you are going to start fishing offshore Charleston, I would highly recommend setting up your Chart-plotter/GPS to show the loran coordinates. Like if you hear 200 line, I automatically know someone is fishing straight out of the charleston harbor pretty much.

02’ Seapro 17’CC w/ 90 yamaha 2stroke

Straight out is 135 degrees. Basically the 350 line.

Marsha
23 Sea Hunt

7 miles from the jettys.

quote:
Originally posted by Hull Pass

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/uploaded/Hull%20Pass/2015513103830_image.jpg

Hopefully this helps…

Huh.#127891;

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 22 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 18 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I am sorry to hear these guys lost their boat, but sure am glad to hear everyone was safe.

Absolutely… been there done that!!