Memorial Day - Youngen Style Charters

How was fishing today you ask?
Sometimes maybe good, Sometimes maybe cheeyut!!! No skunks allowed today but water temp was 68° which is 8° cooler from 2 weeks ago. Sharpnose and bonnet heads was all that got landed but had a decent hammer on but we still can’t get lucky with them yet. If you ain’t slingin’ weight and castin’ bait then where the **** you atttttttttt!
Youngen Style Charters

2 Likes

Will that dog hunt?

1 Like

Blows my little pee brain the water still is cool

EF1…they all 3 do!

1 Like

Well done once again! Thanks for the updates, I’m ready for some drag peeling… We made it on the creek for a couple hours just to relax a bit, didn’t even cast a line yesterday, I’ll make up for it soon enough.

1 Like

TWO good smiles, Father/Daughter, no better than that!!!

Catching is just a bonus…

Good post as usual… A little unsolicited advice for the bigger ones may help. After many years of using single and twisted steel leaders I went with heavy ( 150 -200 lb) mono and using crimps. A lot easier handling at the boat and using at least 6-8 foot leaders needed to prevent the skin and tail breaking the main line. I used circle hooks and dont think Ive had one chew through the leader, plus if it gets swallowed I felt a little better with the mono than steel. Also, don`t know if you use balloons but I always send one way back with a whole live fish. Talk about fun when something grabs that.

2 Likes

Forgot to add, I use a heavy duty snap swivel and the end, if you crimp a loop in the mono, you just unsnap it at the end of the day.