Memorial Day

Anybody have any good pics of the boat ramps? I know a few people used to post some on holidays and it was a trip. We were out there, but the crowd was not nearly as bad as years past I thought. At least I didn’t see any crazy drunk boaters except one that gunned it by city marina toward an officer. He quickly got called over and checked, but all in all it seemed a little more tame this year. We had a great day on the water. Hope you all did too.

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand!

2016 Sea Pro 219

I miss Penny’s photos. She has a gift.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Here in the upstate we a dragging for one guy on one lake after 4 days under and a DNR guy ran WOT into a pontoon on another!

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I miss Penny’s photos. She has a gift.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Yep!

Can’t complain. Took the son’s boat out Sunday and absolutely nothing bad to report. Great weekend and as my Dad requested we did a very somber meal Monday. Pecan wood on a little burner and hot dogs on a stick. He likes the family get together but does not like a big fanfare for Memorial Day.

“Why Bruce?”

Not a surprise at all that a SCDNR officer hit someone else. I’ve had plenty of interaction with our DNR and this seems about par for the course. I had one run into my boat at hartwell one day. They came flying up to the boat and both officers came to the bow as the boat was still moving. He ran into the side of my boat, looked at me funny then said sorry and drove offf. Never asked for anything much less a number he could call to repair my boat. That’s just one story. There are plenty more. Power can make people do stupid things. Or should I say the badge. They really don’t have much more power then you or I when it comes to violating people’s rights.

quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

Not a surprise at all that a SCDNR officer hit someone else. I’ve had plenty of interaction with our DNR and this seems about par for the course. I had one run into my boat at hartwell one day. They came flying up to the boat and both officers came to the bow as the boat was still moving. He ran into the side of my boat, looked at me funny then said sorry and drove offf. Never asked for anything much less a number he could call to repair my boat. That’s just one story. There are plenty more. Power can make people do stupid things. Or should I say the badge. They really don’t have much more power then you or I when it comes to violating people’s rights.

Pffttt…My rights have been violated multiple times by DNR

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
Originally posted by Reeldawg

Pffttt…My rights have been violated multiple times by DNR

a simple copper tag

Todays news! Sheriff deputy killed by boat in Lake Hartwell during training. It seems that a corps of eng. employe was driving a 18’ Pioneer and threw the 3 men out of the boat. Will repost when I find out more details!

quote:
Originally posted by boatpoor

Todays news! Sheriff deputy killed by boat in Lake Hartwell during training. It seems that a corps of eng. employe was driving a 18’ Pioneer and threw the 3 men out of the boat. Will repost when I find out more details!

http://www.wyff4.com/article/man-thrown-from-boat-fatally-injured-by-propeller-coroner-says/9961137