Merc. 60hp 4 stroke efi stalling and beeping wot

My engine is giving me fits!!
Specs: 2010 60 HP Mercury 4 stroke EFI

Recently had the boat serviced ( oil change, new plugs) and second time back out the engine would sputter as if it wasn’t getting enough fuel. This happened 1-2 min. into running it WOT. Whatever the problem is also sets of a loud beeping from the console (not continuous). Runs fine at idle and even half throttle and starts at first turn of key.

I have replaced fuel lines, bulb, and tiny fuel filter in the engine. Gas is ethanol free and was put it just before running it. Fuel Pump is next, but wanted to see if anyone had any insight before I drop the cash for it. The current fuel pump was replaced under warranty 3 years ago.

Anyone else experienced anything similar to this on their mercury?

Running hot maybe? Sounds like it’s going into rpm reduction because of the alarm.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

If it’s beeping, it’s either low oil (or thinks it’s low) or overheated, or some other condition it doesn’t like. The number and pattern of the beeps should tell what the problem is. Not sure on that engine, but some will give a 3 beep pattern for low oil, a 4 beep pattern for overheat, or something like that. Do a google search on it. When it alarms an RPM limiter kicks in.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Four beeps every three minutes means water in the fuel.

Ask me how I know.

big dog

Thanks for the info. Finally got my hands on the engines manual and it states that the alarm is probably related to the cooling system. Guess I’ll start to trouble shoot that system.
Anyone got any ideas where I should start?

Water pump impeller.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

and thermostat at the same time

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org