Mercury EFI 250 horse 2 smoker?

I was here at the shop replacing both the outboard fuel filter, and the fuel/water separator on board the boat.

All seemed to go well, until I start the engine. The the dreaded loonnng beeep.

Didn’t go into limp mode.

Ideas?

Did the alarm go off ever?

Check oil in reservoir, then make sure its peeing

Both oil reservoirs are good. Temp ls good according to gauge. Appears to be oiling, from the blue smoke.

Temp and low oil alarm usually lead to limp mode.

Water in fuel is generally an intermittent beep.

Never went into limp mode.

The “all is good” one beep sounds when ignition is turned to on position. After several seconds a continuous alarm beep.

Well, after several hours of ,frustrating, troubleshooting, I managed to, accidently, trip the kill switch. After reconnecting the lanyard, and starting the motor, no alarm beep.

Anyone have a clue?

Ran back over to the shop this morning, put the muffs on, and the engine starts, and runs perfect. No alarm. Anyone ever heard of this happening?

No but did it throw any codes?

I don’t know? I don’t have the diagnostic tools to check. I only know the specific series of beeps for each malfunction. A continuous beep usually means serious problems, and activates limp mode. Engine never went into limp mode. Maybe a fluke with the kill switch?

Maybe at the first crank the oil wasn’t making the needed level to clear the beep, then by time you messed with it some and did it again the level was fine?

No real way of knowig now, glad it went aeay.

The long continus tones are usually oil pumps or cooling issues. Im not really a merc guy, so not sure of other issues like fuel separation issues.

Did ot pee strong? That would indicate the thermostat was open and the impeller was working so you could rule out temperature issues. Thats a start

Id be suspect of the pump in the oil reservoir and keep a good eye on that. Just because there is oil in the tank doesnt mean its getting to the motor. I locked up an engine once because of that and now premix my own and get a few extra HP to boot.

Isnt there a way to reset by pulling the lanyard out and back in 3 times?
Maybe thats suzuki, not sure but worth a check

Not sure? All I know is the tripping of the kill switch solved whatever was causing the alarm to go off. And, now, everything seems fine?

Use to have a shade tree mechanic that told me muffs were ok for short runs but a barrel should be used on all other occasions