Metal Detecting

Anybody here into this hobby? Picked a BountyHunter Discovery 3300 a few months ago to get started with. Got a Garrett 250 on order. Been to Folly twice. Gonna try Sat @ Folly. So far, ended up with 78 cents. bottle caps, tent poles and some other junk. My little girl really enjoys digging for her treasures.

I’m not into it, but I might suggest a King tide low tide down at the old Coast Guard station on Folly, kinda in that muddy stuff inland of the big square concrete thingy…the channel drops off very quickly there and I know that consistency mud over on Morris Island used to hold some minnie balls, before the sandbars moved in years ago…I’m not condoning illegal detecting, and if where I just mentioned qualifies as such then please check local laws or whatever first…I just know that a tremendous amount of fighting took place on that end of Folly Island and adjoining Morris Island…hallowed ground indeed.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Let us know how you do!

I’ve met a couple of people recently that have found some cool civil war stuff. Thinking about doing it myself when it cools off and Mr. no legs is tucked away for the winter.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”