military/ law enforcement/ fire fighters/ farmers vs those that made a choice to go to college.

Yes I know there are many more professions that could be used as examples just trying to keep it simple…

How is it that our Government thinks it is ok to give debt forgiveness to anyone that Decided to get a college degree over giving anything to a Combat Veteran that only gets 10% disability rating for several service related injuries? Or gives NOTHING to the family of a slain law officer from protecting us all from an illegal alien?

On the Higher education thing, why should a person that decides to get a degree in Theater, cooking, art and such, but can not find a job in that career after school be given anything in debt forgiveness while those that choose to go straight to work helping others, protecting our Constitution, defending our borders, dying for everyone’s ability to have free speech, dealing with a nation that is being told we don’t need cops by our media (supported by our government), and so much more? We have a vacuum in the Job market, you don’t need to have college skills on how to keep a straight face while lying to an audience on camera to serve up some Wendy burgers.

I wonder how many people in our Government are like RBF and think Military personnel or less intelligent than the general population? These same people are probably all related to the 81 million that voted in our current administration or refused to vote and let it happen and believe Joe got 81 million votes.

I was stupid Fred, I went to college then went into LE.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I’ll never knock anyone for a higher education, My dad went to college after retiring from the Military. He got his Law Degree graduating Magna Cum Laude then went to work for the post office. Said he just wanted to prove it to himself. It’s just hard for me to fathom so many people like yourself that made the sacrifice and paid for schooling get nothing but the burden of paying for someone else’s education that will in many cases just become a burden on our society.

The Military payed 75% of my tuition and after the G.I. bill helped, but I still had to pay a good chunk and then after everything went back to being a Mechanic. The only job that College helped was when I worked for Alltel as a Network engineer. It was a good job but then they started forcing me to do storm damage repairs in other states. I really enjoy my job now(most of the time) and I’m doing better than I have monetarily in any job, Been offered to get back into management, but I don’t want to deal with the public. Just too many jerks and aholes out their trying to be too demanding for my patience. Also dealing with many of today’s new laborors… I’ve tried to bring in a few helpers, but haven’t found anyone that I trust to be on their own. At least now if I screw something up, their is no doubt I’m the one that did it.

Several members of my family are law officers, some retired. I couldn’t do it, I really don’t have the mental strength it would take with so many entitled citizens out there looking to defund you guys and gals.

Or you could be like me. Quit school join the military. Then roof most of your life.
But you know what. If I had to do it all over again I would probably do the same thing. Goes to show you what a dumbazz I am…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day

I know some rich roofers, so maybe not so dumbazz. :smiley: I did a couple of roofs helping family, it’s not for me. That crap will monkey you on a summer day. I’ve know a few roofers get sun stroke as well. In my limited experience a lot of roofers and painters seem to love a little cabbage.

Fortunately I take the heat pretty good.
I come close about 15 years ago on the roof of Georgetown steel in August above the furnace. I’ve had a number of guys go down over the years.
Somebody come looking for a job I would tell them they’d have to take a drug test. If they got all weird about it or said they couldn’t pass I’d hire them on the spot. I’d always manage to find at least 1 with a driver’s license that could go around and pick everyone up.
If they don’t have issues they’re not a real roofer…

You find things offensive. I find things funny. That's why I'm happier than you.

22 life’s a day