minn kota r/t st 80 w/c.p. upgrade it to ipilot

I have the minn kota riptide 80 w/ co pilot right now. Everywhere i reed it say that we just need to get the ipilot remote and its compatiable. Is this correct? Or do we need to get a whole new head for the t.m. we have? This all started bc we thought we were buying the ipilot model is what we were told but turns out was wrong. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

You need the entire i-Pilot upgrade, which does replace the head on your current trolling motor. The i-pilot has a GPS built into the head, the auto-pilot does not. It is not difficult to install, and there are many U-tube videos you can watch before you start.

Rick K

You have to replace the head and get the remote. The co Pilot head does not have the GPS electronics in it. I have upgraded form copilot to iPilot. It runs about $450. It is an easy DIY project.

Thanks for the responses. We are debating on getting it or not. Any on have it and can tell me some about it? Is it worth upgrading from the copilot? Thanks

Keep your lines tight and remember. Respect the fish and your fellow fisherman. Know the Code.

So you come up to a dock you want to fish…tide is running 3-4 mph…most people either anchor or manually run electric motor to hold position…with iPilot you push the spot lock button and it does the work to hold position…same thing on a wreck…I do allot of striper fishing on Murray…I haven’t used my anchor in 4-5 years…yes, it is that good!

Fishing is a prefectible art…in which nevertheless, no man is perfect – Gifford Pinchot

Key West Sportsman 1720
Ice Blue Pathfinder 2200
“Kemosabe”
<’}}}><

without a doubt, hands-down, yes it is worth it. As a Limitout said, the spot lock function is awesome.

Yea 95% sure going to get it. Thanks again

Keep your lines tight and remember. Respect the fish and your fellow fisherman. Know the Code.

http://www.nauticalbargains.com/minn-kota-i-pilot-system-f-riptide-st-7705.html

This place charges tax and shipping, but still only comes to about $390 total

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
FS90 Suzuki

Thanks striperskiff going to check it out

Double check and make sure you get the right one. They make a riptide SP and ST.

1866305 THATS THE PART NUMBER YOU NEED

www.teamcharlestonmarine.com
www.joinrfa.org

Yeah i saw the difference…just got to sell this other brand new minn kota that we have… we ended up with three of them. Its still in box never been taken out of box