Miracles Controversy

You all heard anything about this?

Apparently a captain found a small sea hunt drifting 30 miles offshore - and towed the boat in talking on radio about salvaging the boat for $. Ran out of fuel in the jetties so he called the tournament and somehow got his fish into another boat and weighed it - LATE. Lots of people upset about it saying he should have been DQ’d - but captain says he was doing a Good Samaritan type deed…

Tournament king fishing has had its bumps around here, was hoping the Palmetto Kingfish Tour would go smooth - 2 tournaments in and we have a controversy already.

If my memory serves me correctly, if you rendered assistance to another boat or received assistance, or touched land at any point after lines in, you were DQ’d immediately.

quote:
Originally posted by Half-hitched

If my memory serves me correctly, if you rendered assistance to another boat or received assistance, or touched land at any point after lines in, you were DQ’d immediately.

My thoughts and experiences as well. I’m guessing since he claimed to have done a good deed they let him slide…

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Id think he would be DQd but was the fish anything to make the board with?

Capt. R. Killin
21 Contender “Killin Time”

SOUNDS FISHY! Not been in any ocean tourneys but, many freshwater … the ending time always stood …your fish never counted if you get back late period. BUT if all knows this and is discussed BEFORE the day starts, I would not have a problem with it. Moving the fish from one boat to another is not cool, Too easy for cheaters!!! Keeping the rules simple and direct eliminates controversy.

Kencraft 23T
twin 175f Suzuki’s

There’s s post with 150 comments about this on the boat life of Charleston page

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

The 2 boats involved are both very respectable and great fisherman. The fish was eventually D’Qd after interviewing all parties involved. The fish was not a giant, but he was just trying to maintain points for the series! Rules are rules, and they got it right at the end of the day! But of course not without a lot of controversy! This is why you do investigations and have a committee…

quote:
Originally posted by kings dominion

The 2 boats involved are both very respectable and great fisherman. The fish was eventually D’Qd after interviewing all parties involved. The fish was not a giant, but he was just trying to maintain points for the series! Rules are rules, and they got it right at the end of the day! But of course not without a lot of controversy! This is why you do investigations and have a committee…

Now, according to the kingfish tour post, the fish was “vacated” from the tournament. It nor he was DQ’d.

As for the fish, this was in a series where every fish counts, so it did matter to the bottom line.

Wadmalaw native

He wasn’t being a Good Samaritan if there weren’t any people on board. He needed to make up his mind. Did he want the boat or the tournament points?

Local breaks it down,haha,you remind me of someone else I know.

quote:
Originally posted by Local Cluster

He wasn’t being a Good Samaritan if there weren’t any people on board. He needed to make up his mind. Did he want the boat or the tournament points?

I would hazard to guess that he wanted the boat, then realized the fish, even while small, was worth weighing for standings in the tournament. He then decided to do what he could to get the fish weighed.

Wadmalaw native

I would have called one of my boys to watch the boat while I weighed the fish. I love cell phones.

Again you are wrong. I listened to his whole conversation on VHF with the other captain. After finding out the other captain’s son was friends with the people who abandonded the boat? The captain quickly offered the boat right back to the people! Just get your facts straight before you start a post you don’t know much about but hearsay!

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

quote:

I would hazard to guess that he wanted the boat, then realized the fish, even while small, was worth weighing for standings in the tournament. He then decided to do what he could to get the fish weighed.

Wadmalaw native

quote:

Again you are wrong. I listened to his whole conversation on VHF with the other captain. After finding out the other captain’s son was friends with the people who abandonded the boat? The captain quickly offered the boat right back to the people! Just get your facts straight before you start a post you don’t know much about but hearsay!

quote:

quote:

Wadmalaw native

uh oh.Who is wrong again?
quote:

quote:

quote:

Wadmalaw native

Man - unwad those panties and have a beer! If you would read again, you’ll see that I said “guess.” That means it was speculation - which technically means a guess without all of the facts.

Thanks for the info - but my points still remain. He wanted the boat until he realized it was a friend’s. He wanted to weigh the fish - so he claimed good Samaritan instead of salvage.

Don’t forget that a few of this captain’s best friends are the ones who called him out publicly and made this thing change.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flat