mixed bag @ the 60..

went out early. rough 3.5 footers turning into 5.5 easy. all in all had a decent day. Got the girlfriend on some fish finally. not to mention the prize fish of the day. … 24" fluke. had to help her get it in though as the light outfit was bout to break in half. Also caught a 22" fluke, some nice triggers, and some nice sea bass. (havn’t had the pleasure of eating triggers so i hope there tasty.

was worth taking the beatin out there considering we’ve been gettin skunked on the inshore fishin…

thank you Carlo!

pic i took last time i was out.

nice day. what’s the difference between a fluke and flounder?

the mason dixon line.

of course, it may just be a fluke to catch them

Was anyone trolling out there? Im thinking about goin tomorrow

Harry Sea. Thats how I roll.

yeh, there were a few guys trolling out there. we did for a little while on the way back in. nada. a little too rough.

“I’d rather be comfortably numb than greatfully dead…” -an old girlfriend.

81’ alumacraft jon; 48hp evinrude spl

Triggers are good and tasty! Ill fry them up anyday with some hush puppies. What did you use for bait to catch the fluke. Nice fish. Did you weigh them?

“Reel Quality Time”
21 Ft. Hydrasport

Take a kid fishing!

Tommyboyz28
Where are you from?

yeh the trigger was good… used a on-line recipe i found; pan cooked it in its own juices. pretty good.

caught the fluke on cut bait. all i can say. girlfriends a little upset now that i helped her get it in. theres always next time i told her.

i’m from long island originally, pt. richey fla as well.

I am glad you and your girl had a great time on sat. I am however a little upset that you are talking about my secret bait. HA. At least you didn’t say anything about the magic G spot.

Oh yeah me and Tom have been arguing about this whole flounder/fluke stink. There is no real difference summer flounder are also called fluke. They both taste exactly the same in my belly…

220 Proline 350hp MAGNUM
Never Guarantee Fish, Only Dead Bait!!!

fluke (summer flounder) are “left-eyed”. looking at their mouth head-on, the eyes are on the left side.

thanks fishwater. i knew there was indeed ad difference between them.i thought the same without doin any research, just by experience. I too thought the heads/ jaw design was diff. also fluke get much bigger than flounder and are more aggressive as well.

anyways u got one thing right they both taste good …:slight_smile:

quote:
Originally posted by Swamp Angel

the mason dixon line.

of course, it may just be a fluke to catch them

:smiley: well played sir.

hmmm calling a flounder a fluke in south carolina

that just “screams green rookie” now doesn’t it

well considering i’ve been fishing for over 20 yrs i wouldn’t call myself a rookie by far.

Its ok tommyboy I was just kiddin. You are in South Carolina though. Pretty fish by the way.

thats true. beautiful place indeed. dont know bout the smiling faces though… lol.