Modified outboard flushing rig

When I am done boating / fishing for the day I just can’t stand refilling that little cup with soap, also I will flush my engine for the amount of time it takes me to unload the boat. Water is cheap, boat engines $$$.

On the top joint fill bottom 1/2 of it with Play-Doh , install cup into top of joint. Fill top half with resin, let harden. Remove Play -Doh. Use Forstner bit and cut a hole thru the resin. Glue joint to three feet of PVC piping, glue end cap on.

Soap will last a long time for flushing your engine and washing down your boat.

That thing might be cool, but your grass is most impressive! Your water bill must be pretty high?!

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night but I am still no expert. What exactly are you using this rig for? Do you flush your motor with some type of soap/surfactant mixed with water?

Yes, I flush the motor every time I’m finished for the day using salt away or car wash soap.( $3.50 at Wally World) for a gallon. The little cup just holds about 4 ounces of soap and I believe more salt away/ soap is needed to flush the engine and clean/ flush the boat with a good soap water mixture. My rig will hold 1/2 gallon of soap. .

Got it, I had never thought about using soap with the motor flush but certainly not a bad idea, will certainly help dissolve salt deposits. Thank you for sharing your rig. And yes that is a good looking lawn.

My boss at the Citadel who is a big sportsman told me to do that, when they took the heads apart they were in good shape , so they put them back together.

Some more stuff I do, I just hate rust, everything on a boat that wants to rust will. #1 offender LUG NUTS, every year I take them off and paste them with anti-seize, makes it easy to change a tire. I used that stuff in in Navy and at the Boiler Plant at the Citadel and its better than WD-40, liquid -wrench,CRC, it’s more like a paste and stays put.

I read someone post about dogs, MEN are DOGS, I like DOGS , I have 2 of them, they are well trained. My neighbor is jealous and she says they have the rule of the neighborhood. Yep I like DOGS

quote:
Originally posted by amberjack2362

Some more stuff I do, I just hate rust, everything on a boat that wants to rust will. #1 offender LUG NUTS, every year I take them off and paste them with anti-seize, makes it easy to change a tire. I used that stuff in in Navy and at the Boiler Plant at the Citadel and its better than WD-40, liquid -wrench,CRC, it’s more like a paste and stays put.

I read someone post about dogs, MEN are DOGS, I like DOGS , I have 2 of them, they are well trained. My neighbor is jealous and she says they have the rule of the neighborhood. Yep I like DOGS

Rust never sleeps.I like that nickel anti seize also.