Moles

Yep, Moles, they are having a big time in the yard in Bft.

Buddy has had some luck in his yard using the Tomcat trap. Just curious to what others have used, trap wise.

Screw the poison, wanna see evidence of success.

Easy, before you chime in. I will provide flashlight, cooler, beer, shovel and lawn chair for you to take them out:sunglasses:!

Thanks

www.joinrfa.org/

My dog can catch 'em! I have the only yard on my street that’s mole free!

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

My dog can catch 'em! I have the only yard on my street that’s mole free!

Ha, the only one caught here was friends of ours that were here with a Lab. Dug it up middle of the day.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

I’ve got em too. got a shepherd that does a great job getting them and not digging up half the yard doing it. But what I like best is this trap. find a main line and stomp the ground down very firm. Place the trap and before setting it let the trap spring into the ground several times. Then set it with as much pressure on the trigger as you can get without setting off the trap. for extra safety, put a five gallon bucket over the trap to keep pets away from it. I’ve got a couple of these traps that are 30 years old and still working. patience and practice with the traps… you’ll get em.

http://www.victorpest.com/victor-mole-trap-b0645-3?gclid=CJ60_q-Xk9ECFUQ6gQodAr8Kpw

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Man, now’s my chance to live out my fantasy of playing my hero, Carl Spackler! :smiley: If you want to have some fun, find a main tunnel and stick a short piece of hose into it! Pour some gas into the hose and blow air into it! Let it sit for a minute and pull the hose out! Stand back and throw a match at the hole and watch what happens[:0]:imp::smiley:!

my dog did make mu yard look like a bombing range. She would be walking along - suddenly stop and tilt her head and then suddenly start digging. I think she is 90% successful

http://static.gemplers.com/images/items/70085-lrg.jpg

These from Gemplers are the best. Take some advice from someone who traps a lot of critters. Like any other pest, unless the surrounding neighbors participate, you’re pissin in the wind.

http://www.rodenator.com/

That’s what I’m talking about UT! You don’t get the spectacular results with the hose and gas trick but it works!

I’ve had good luck spraying castor oil on the yard. About 6oz to a gallon and a tbsp. of Dawn to help spray it. It won’t kill them, but it will repel them.

Find a fresh tunnel, stick a garden hose in it, and just let the water run until you see the mole pop out the ground.

Remove all mulch, pine straw, leaves. The moles will live in the damp ground under mulch and you will never get them out.
Before mowing, tamp down all the tunnels.
2 days after mowing find any raised tunnel and place poison mole worm cut in half on each end of the tunnel.
Repeat for the rest of your life.

I am not a fan of ground spike traps.
traplineproducts or NoMol Mole trap have worked well for me.

Started with traps then hired a company for the summer. All they used were the poison worms cut in half.
It made a significant difference but I doubt I will ever be free of them.
Now there is a routine before and after mowing to keep them in check.
Get the poison worms on amazon for under $12.

Thanks All for the replies. Some great suggestions, LOL.

Gonna pickup some of those the soon to be republican
PB suggested[:0]. Cheap and effective according to the reviews.

Not sure if I will post pics, might get net lashed.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

House Cat’s!

In 84 we had a new little dog that wasn’t house broke! We went out one night and left him in the garage! When we came home we found 5 mice in a pile on the floor! The dog was guarding them and seemed quite proud of himself!:smiley:

Personally, I like moles. They aerate my yard for free. The cat my daughter brought from Grenada has taken over the job of hunting them from the old mutt that killed them all the time. Just the way Natureboy described it. The local golf course wanted to borrow her but she bit everybody other than family.

On a side note about moles… Any of you guys had a dog that would actually eat one? Out of all the dogs through my life that have caught moles not one would actually eat one after killing it. They must taste bad. :dizzy_face::question:

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Treat your yard for grubs, their food source. They won’t hang out around if nothing to eat. Helps if neighbors will do the same or they’ll return (grubs and moles) sooner.