Monday evening report

Took my awesome 5 year old daughter today once the rain passed and caught 7. She reeled 4 in by herself and she also netted a few for me. Just seeing her have that much fun was worth the trip. Nothing with any real size as the biggest was right at 21inches. All fish were nice and fat and released for another day. Also how do you post a picture from an iPhone on here??

Jeremy

Two great reports. What have you been throwing for them? I’m impressed you got your 5 year old out there doing that. My daughter has caught some stripers/hybrids but it was all on live bait and we left the rod in the holder and let her reel them in wicked tuna style.

Encouraged to see your reports for Sunday and Monday, so they’re out there and things should be picking up. I was out Monday morning solo working Beards Creek pulling boards and a float from 30 feet to shallows. Unfortunately was hard pressed to even mark any fish let alone to entice a bite. Only managed one 4 lb largemouth. Water temp almost 58 degrees in back of creek and there was debris scattered throughout water. Still a nice day from the crummy weather we’ve had recently, and things will get better.

These were caught on bucktails in 6-10 feet of water.

quote:
Originally posted by WarEagle18

Took my awesome 5 year old daughter today once the rain passed and caught 7. She reeled 4 in by herself and she also netted a few for me. Just seeing her have that much fun was worth the trip. Nothing with any real size as the biggest was right at 21inches. All fish were nice and fat and released for another day. Also how do you post a picture from an iPhone on here??

Jeremy

Let’s see her fish!

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki