Monster Black Drum on the Reef, oh and some Convicts

A quick trip to the Reef to capture some convicts. Lots of cooperation from down below! Plenty of small ones and plenty of keepers! Brought home 13 for the crew of 3. Highlights of the day were the monster Black Drum! I landed these 2 whoopers biggest one measuring at around 43" and the other right at 36". Talk about TANKS! Total of 4 Big Drum hooked, 3 boated! All released tired, but in great shape to punish someone else! Great day on the water for a short trip! Flat going out, and picked up around 4:30. Steady 15mph, got sloppy quick! sorry if pictures are sideways, I didn’t change the size!

What a day that is! Gotta love the surprise when fishing for sheeps and you feel one of those bruisers on the other end. Congrats on a great trip!

Capt. Jeremiah McCarthy Southern Slam Fishing Charters www.southernslamfishing.com 2018 Sea Hunt BX22BR

What a day!!! Congrats!

Curious of something as I use my redfish/trout rods when fishing for sheep. 20lb braid with 15 or 20lb flouro leader with small j-hook, and fiddlers.

Were you using something like that to reel in those Big Drum??

Thanks,
NN

Pretty much, but I shorten my leader. Owner 1/0 for me

I know that was a blast! Good stuff!:+1:

Fishing Nerd

“No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alleys, just pool… nothing else.”

…well, some fishing too!

Wow, those black drum are bruisers. Is that the R8 capers buoy in the background?

Dorado II Carolina Skiff 25DLV

With the blown out b holes usually means deeper water. I’d guess 40ft or deeper.

:smiley:

:+1:

:ok_hand:

Dorado II Carolina Skiff 25DLV