Montana

Who’s been?

What’s great?

What shouldn’t I miss?

Planning October…

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Glacier National Park, Lewis and Clark State Park has a cavern tour that is unbelievable. Visit each part of Glacier not just the Going to the Sun road. Gardener Montana is the north entrance for Yellowstone. Neat little town. If you have time to visit Cody Wyoming it would be worth your time. Buffalo Bill museum which houses a gun collection that is great, rodeo each night of the summer. The Irma hotel is a must see there also. Irma was Buffalo Bills daughter, the back bar in there was given to Buffalo Bill and is made of Rosewood and very impressive.

What Longbeard said. I’d second guess you on the October timing. Weather can get really nasty early up that way. Carry warm clothing. Don’t rule out a little ride through the Badlands of the Dakota’s and Mt. Rushmore. That time of year you should be able to get some deals on Black Gold. Not sure about today, but it was all the rage for the ladies in that area 30 years ago. :smiley:

Rushmore is 600 miles away.

Montana…that’s up there near Canadia right? watch your cheese…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

assuming you are fly fishing? If you aren’t then I don’t have a ton of input. I fish Montana every year for two weeks. Week of summer fishing and a week of fall fishing. Same weeks every year. Summer I fish new or old favorites outside the YNP. Fall after the majority of tourist leave inside YNP. I am on my 13th year. I fish from daylight to dark and I have never seen nor care to see any tourist crap. Let me know if you are fishing and I will give you a full rundown.

Fishing is good!

Most certainly fishing. I was planning on two days in YS. Sept 28-Oct 10

If you are interested in sharing some of your insight on fly fishing around YNP, I would welcome the knowledge. I will be there mid-July this year, but in future years would be interested in a late August/early September trip. Any tips you can provide?

Fishing for Yellowstone Cutthroat is at the top of my list.

Thank You

Actually flying into Rapid City, SD hitting up Rushmore and the Badlands like Fred suggested, then travel all over. Going to Cody, Butte, and all over Montana and Wyoming. I’d love to hear some fishing suggestions. I’ve read the big brown trout are getting active in October. Looking forward to it.

you never addressed my cheese comment…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I am at work right now, but when I get home I will go into detail on everything you want to know and where you can actually catch large fish inside the park and outside of the park. I will give pattern details an exact locations. I will attach Google earth images,etc.

Fishing is good!

Blew out my back last week boys. On the mend for better days to come. I started this write up in word and compiled photos… Now I just have to get home and paste it into the topic.

Fishing is good!

That’s awesome, I appreciate the effort!

Sorry to hear about the back.

I lived in Montana for 13 years and fished all over the place. Late September/early October is a great time to be there to fish. IM me if you would like to discuss further details.

-Rob

Major back problems guys… I will respond… just concentrating on my recovery and workload due to being out so long.

Fishing is good!

I know you are going on a train ride while you are up there.

http://www.montanadinnertrain.com/

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I know you are going on a train ride while you are up there.

http://www.montanadinnertrain.com/

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That looks terrible…

quote:
Originally posted by SpotOn

I lived in Montana for 13 years and fished all over the place. Late September/early October is a great time to be there to fish. IM me if you would like to discuss further details.

-Rob

Sent you a PM. I’d love to talk fishing with you.

I predict more disappointment.

Bump for Leadenwah