Moonshine and Popcorn

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
What are they biting on?

Beats me, I get skunked more than Pepe Le Pew.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

In the end, the fish I wanna to catch, and release, will bite everytime on balsphemy soaked in a little judgement…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

I vote for extending some grace to Mac Daddy. Not necessarily because he deserves it but just because we can.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

Remember when MD promoted you to teach the Bible 101 course, and then stated he would teach the advanced levels.

I believe you are far ahead of MD in both character and Bible knowledge.

Sorta condecending towards you, but you handled it with Grace.

RBF

What do I know, I’m just an ignorant country boy, a swamp worshiper and a jerk. I don’t know any people of religion who would call someone they have never met names like that. And then won’t contact me to talk about it when requested. Doesn’t exactly impress me as being any kind of leader.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

What do I know, I’m just an ignorant country boy, a swamp worshiper and a jerk. I don’t know any people of religion who would call someone they have never met names like that. And then won’t contact me to talk about it when requested. Doesn’t exactly impress me as being any kind of leader.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

CL,

That is the differential. You are straight forward, and some are not. Jesus was not condencending and arrogant. Interesting how some can try to teach the Word, but not display the demeanor of Christ.

Remember, Christ was “just” a carpenter…

Mark 6:2-3English Standard Version (ESV)

2 And on the Sabbath he began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard him were astonished, saying, ?Where did this man get these things? What is the wisdom given to him? How are such mighty works done by his hands? 3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?? And they took offense at him.

RBF

How about ole’ Bristol Palin? She has had more laps turned on her than Bristol Motor Speedway.

Ironicaly enough, Sarah can’t keep her mouth shut, and her daugther can’t keep her legs shut…

RBF

Finally, a subject I can get behind:wink:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Finally, a subject I can get behind:wink:

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgyeshD8RJY

MD is the pianist Bobby…

I had to edit because I spelled pianist wrong the first time…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

I vote for extending some grace to Mac Daddy. Not necessarily because he deserves it but just because we can.

Remember when MD promoted you to teach the Bible 101 course, and then stated he would teach the advanced levels.

RBF

I’m still TAKING Bible 101 (literally). About the best I can do is encourage others to do the same. There is so much to learn that isn’t readily apparent to the casual reader. I wish I had done all this studying with my 20-something year old brain instead of my 55 year old brain. If I could remember half of what I’ve read in the past few months, I could convince the average do-little that I was edjumacated.

This is a saying I believe in and attempt to follow: “Do you want to make a point, or make a difference?” More flies with honey and all that…

quote:
quote:
quote:

RBF

I’m still TAKING Bible 101 (literally). About the best I can do is encourage others to do the same. There is so much to learn that isn’t readily apparent to the casual reader. I wish I had done all this studying with my 20-something year old brain instead of my 55 year old brain. If I could remember half of what I’ve read in the past few months, I could convince the average do-little that I was edjumacated.

This is a saying I believe in and attempt to follow: “Do you want to make a point, or make a difference?” More flies with honey and all that…

Don’t under estimate your abilities. You are in my view further ahead. Plain and simple.

Perhaps, Saul vs David.

RBF

Just finished studying David a couple of weeks ago. Man, I love this visual image: Saul’s army has been verbally taunted by Goliath for 40 days straight. No one had the stones to confront him. Little David shows up to check on his brothers and finds out what is going on and basically says, “I’m 'bout to open a can of whip-ass on that uncircumcised Philistine” (Remember, David was from Judah, which was the Southern kingdom. That’s why he talked like that.) Then he declines the use of any body armor or a sword, and goes out to bow up to Goliath. Goliath sees a little shepherd boy coming out to fight and starts talking smack to him. Then, well I’ll just paste this directly from the Bible because I can’t make it sound any cooler than it really is:
David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”</font id=“blue”></font id=“Georgia”>
BURN! If that’s not cool enough, then David takes off RUNNING at Goliath and drops him dead with one stone from his slingshot. Then he pulls homeboy’s sword out of his belt and cut off his stankin’ head with it. (In my mind, David spits some Copenhagen in the now-dead eye of Goliath.)

I LOVE this story! For the unembellished version: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+17-48&version=NIV

quote:

I second that vote!!! One day, we are going to need some grace that we don't deserve! Me especially!!!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18:21-35

Has mac daddy extended grace to anyone that does not agree? Let’s put the request for Grace into context vs. a blanket request for Grace…

Let’s see if there is Grace from MDs reply message, or will he hole up with his tongue when called to do so.

MD owes many Graceful acts to several members, that he has not given. Personally, being called from the dark side, Satan, wicked… Your request does not hold water. I have shown Grace by not unloading on him. Reality: I have asked about his health, tried to red herring his military past, etc.

Let mac daddy respond to these inquiries and finally be his own man…

RBF

quote:
One day, we are going to need some grace that we don't deserve! Me especially!!!

Me too. And I’ve been called much worse than an ignorant country boy, swamp worshiper and jerk. Heck, my wife calls me worse names than that :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
quote:
One day, we are going to need some grace that we don't deserve! Me especially!!!

Me too. And I’ve been called much worse than an ignorant country boy, swamp worshiper and jerk. Heck, my wife calls me worse names than that :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Are you extending a little Grace to MD???

RBF

quote:

Has mac daddy extended grace to anyone that does not agree? Let’s put the request for Grace into context vs. a blanket request for Grace…

Let’s see if there is Grace from MDs reply message, or will he hole up with his tongue when called to do so.

MD owes many Graceful acts to several members, that he has not given. Personally, being called from the dark side, Satan, wicked… Your request does not hold water. I have shown Grace by not unloading on him. Reality: I have asked about his health, tried to red herring his military past, etc.

RBF

So then, you are demanding that his debts be paid before you can forgive him of his debts?
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

RBF

So then, you are demanding that his debts be paid before you can forgive him of his debts?

Acknowledging there are debts is definitely a step towards Grace.

RBF

I’ve received plenty of Grace that I didn’t deserve from people and from God. There are people on this forum and in life in general that are more offensive to me than Mac. I don’t think very highly of them at all. But I don’t need to ridicule them even if they deserve it. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I feel like it and sometimes I do it. But this thread started seeming a lot like that game we used to call Pile On where everyone jumps on top of the kid at the bottom of the pile. I won’t participate in that, and I’m asking others to refrain from piling on Mac as well. Obviously I have no control or authority over anyone here, which is why I am asking.

quote:
Are you extending a little Grace to MD????

Yes.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
quote:
Are you extending a little Grace to MD????

Yes.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Very proud of you CL. This has been a bigger transformation in you than the one with Caitlyn Jenner.

Nice work.

RBF

quote:

I’ve received plenty of Grace that I didn’t deserve from people and from God. There are people on this forum and in life in general that are more offensive to me than Mac. I don’t think very highly of them at all. But I don’t need to ridicule them even if they deserve it. Don’t get me wrong, sometimes I feel like it and sometimes I do it. But this thread started seeming a lot like that game we used to call Pile On where everyone jumps on top of the kid at the bottom of the pile. I won’t participate in that, and I’m asking others to refrain from piling on Mac as well. Obviously I have no control or authority over anyone here, which is why I am asking.

What if the kid is already laying down and yelling pile on me, pile on me, seeking attention…

Is it acceptable then to play the pile on game in those circumstances? Certain people covet the victom role…

Even after all the nasty things MD has called me, I never have held a grudge against him. I actually feel sorry for him. However, he is fun to poke fun at, seems like the guy that always inserts himself into the proper place to do so.

Proverbs 29:11

A fool uttereth all his mind - A man should be careful to keep his own secret, and never tell his whole mind upon any subject, while there are other opinions yet to be delivered; else, if he speak again, he must go over his old ground; and as he brings out nothing new, he injures his former argument.

RBF